13

(for Darren face cast go to end of book)

Over the next few days, Darren and Will had become pretty close. He introduced him to the party, and the only person who seemed to not really like him was Mike. Will thought it was because Darren and El seemed to get along really well, but El got along with everyone, except for you know, evil people. Darren was also pretty funny, the party was now at the lunch table laughing at his stories he would tell them, except for Mike, but Darren didn't really care.

"Wait, so there was seriously an alligator in your backyard?" Dustin asked in disbelief.

"Yup. I didn't go back there again for weeks, even after it left." Darren responded.

"I would move immediately." Will said.

"I would wrestle it." Max asked.

"No. No way you could wrestle an alligator." Lucas replied.

"Wanna bet?" Max asked. Lucas smiled at her as he shook his head, which earned a laugh from her.

"These stories are so interesting." El said.

"Yeah yeah, is there anything else about you other than the fact that you lived in Florida?" Mike asked. Max rolled her eyes at him.

"Okay, Mike." Darren said putting a lot of emphasis on Mike's name. "Let's see, any questions guys?"

"Oh oh! What do you like? Boys or girls? If you don't mind me asking, that's kind of a thing I ask all my friends." El said. Darren smiled.

"It's one of her interests right now, ever since she's started taking psychology as one of her electives." Max added, looking at Darren.

"Well, I don't mind at all." He started, "Well, I definitely like girls, but I also definitely like boys." Will's eyes widened as Mike just kind of got quiet and looked down.

"Wait, really?" Will asked, shocked.

"Yup. Really." Darren said. "I was honestly gonna tell you guys that anyways."

"Yo same." Max said as she reached across the table to give him a high five.

"Well, just know that we accept you." El said smiling, Darren smiled back.

"Cool." He responded, "Oh! I just remembered something, at my old school there were snakes in the vents."

"Seriously? Snakes?" Dustin asked. Suddenly the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over.

"I tell you the full story next time." Darren said. Dustin groaned as everyone got up to throw away their food and began walking to their next classes. Will quickly walked up next to Darren.

"Hey uh.. you have a free period next class right? Because you don't have an elective yet?" Will asked.

"Yeah why?" Darren asked.

"I.. I actually have to talk to you about something.. I feel like you're one of the only people who'd understand so yeah. Is that okay?" Will asked. Darren smiled.

"Of course, lets go to patio." He said as they began walking.

"That Darren dude is such an ass." Mike said. El rolled her eyes.

"How? He's just telling us funny stories." She responded.

"Well, he.. he just is okay? He's so like overly confident." Mike said.

"Are you.. jealous of him?" El asked, "Why?"

"I don't know it's just that Will's been acting weird lately and now he's suddenly talking to Darren and not me." Mike replied.