72

Will turned off the sink before heading into his room to get his jacket and backpack. He put on his jacket with a sigh before his eyes landed on his desk. He noticed the bracelet Mike had given him. It was pushed to the side but was still enough for him to see it and crack a smile. He thought to himself for a few seconds before walking up to his desk and picking it up. He fidgeted with it for a few seconds, contemplating if he should put it back on. After what happened with Mike, and since they had established where their friendship stood, he figured it wouldn't be too weird. He put it on, looking at it with a smile before grabbing his bag and heading downstairs where El was waiting for him.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yeah, let's go." He replied. El nodded before they headed outside and made their way down the driveway.

"So.. you still haven't told me why you were so happy Saturday morning." El said. Will sighed.

"We just talked.. it was a good talk." Will responded. El looked as if she didn't believe him.

"A talk.. what about?" She asked.

"Just.. stuff." Will replied with a smile.

"Stuff?" El started. "Nothing specific? Just stuff?" Will nodded.

"Just stuff." He replied. El laughed a bit.

"And.. that was all?" She asked.

"Mhm. That was all." Will replied. El rolled her eyes.

"You are such a bad liar." She responded. Will laughed a bit.

"Hey, I'm allowed to keep secrets." He said. El smiled at Will.

"So something did happen?" She asked. Will shrugged.

"I don't know. Maybe. Who knows?" He joked.

"You know!" El replied, lightly hitting his arm. Will laughed a bit.

"What did you and Max do?" Will asked, changing the subject.

"We made cupcakes. Already told you." El replied.

"And that was all?" Will asked. El nodded.

"That was all." She replied. Will nodded.

"Okay then." Will responded. They both laughed a bit before El sighed.

"Speaking of.. there's something I need to talk to you about." She said.

"About Max?" Will asked, furrowing his eyebrows a bit.

"No.. not really. I talked to her about it, and she said I should talk to you about it." El replied.

"Oh, what is it?" Will asked. El sighed slightly, keeping silent for a few seconds as they continued walking.

"I.. I'm really struggling in school." El started, "And I think.. I might have to repeat this year." Will looked at her for a few seconds.

"Why didn't you say something sooner? I could've helped you.. I still can." Will responded.

"Because you already had too much going on, and.. I just didn't want to be another thing you had to stress out about." El said. Will frowned slightly.

"I always have time for you.. you know that." Will responded.

"Do you though? I mean.. you work, you study constantly, you do schoolwork constantly.." El started, "It just doesn't seem fair of me to ask you to help me on top of all of that." Will looked down slightly.

"El, if and when you need help, please just ask. Okay?" Will responded. El frowned at Will before nodding.

"Okay." El replied before looking down at her feet for a few seconds as they continued to walk in silence. "Are you um.. doing better?" Will looked at her.