10

It was El.

"Hey, Will!" She said running up to him.

"What's up?" Will asked, standing up.

"Lucas fell off the table while dancing to 'Take on Me' and hit his head so now me and Max are trying to fix him up, but Mike is extremely drunk and is now on the floor too. And he's complaining because I made him get off the couch so we could fix Lucas. " El said very frantically. "Can you please take him up to his room for me? He's being really distracting and me and Max need to focus." It was obvious she was panicking.

"Hey, hey. Calm down." Will said, "I'll do it." El smiled in relief.

"What would I do without you?" El said as she pulled Will into the living room. Lucas was laying on the couch, his head in Max's lap as she treated the cut on his forehead. Mike was on the floor next to the couch, sitting and leaning on the table.

"Mike, Will's gonna take you to your room." El said.

"Oh. So-so first you move me from the couch for your.. friends." Mike said pointing at Max and Lucas.

"We're your friends too." Max said. Lucas put his finger in the air.

"And my head has the injuries." Lucas said. Max pushed his hand down as she continued treating his wound.

"Whatever. But now you're moving me to my room? I am more than capable.. capable to-" Mike said before El cut him off.

"Mike your party has gone on long enough, plus you've had 7 beers." El said, "Just go with Will? Please" Everyone's heading home anyways since curfew is 1 a.m." Mike stared at Will, then stared back at El.

"Fine," He started hesitantly, "but help Dustin clean please."

"We will." El said as Max rolled her eyes.

El and Will held out their hands to Mike. He sighed before grabbing their hands as they worked together to pull him up. El put Mike's arm over Will's shoulder. Will started walking with Mike as El went to the side of the couch to help Lucas.

"Come on, Mike." Will said as they neared the stairs.

"Jeeez. You always save me." Mike said smiling. "You always do, you know that?"

"Yeah, yeah. I know." Will said as he made his way up the stairs with Mike. Mike moved his arm down to Will's waist.

"That's why you are my best friend." Mike started as he pointed at Will, "You're so smart, and you always know what's going on, and I don't have a clue!"

"That's nice." Will said as they made their way down the hallway towards Mike's room.

"And like.. you.. you're so nice! I'm not nice, I'm mean to Dustin, and Lucas, and Max, and sometimes I'm even mean to El, but you're just nice all the time," Mike rambled, "it's like.. wow! You just are nice to people for no reason at all." Will opened Mike's door.

"Do you need to lie down? You're rambling." Will asked as he closed the door behind them. Mike suddenly turned towards Will, grabbing his face and just looking at him.

"You're so beautiful. You're so beautiful and you don't even know it." Mike said smiling fondly.

"Enough, Mike, you're drunk." Will said as he pulled Mike's hands away from his face. He began fixing Mike's bed so Mike could lay down.

"You don't know it, see? You don't know that there are people that are in love with you, people that can't share their feelings with you because.. they're just too scared. They're scared that you'll react in a way that they don't want you to react." Mike rambled. "Like.. like those girls in the halls.. that stare at you and smile! And you don't even notice when people smile right at you!" Will looked at Mike, he knew what Mike was saying wasn't true, but some part of him wanted to believe it. But that same part knew that he couldn't believe it.