45

"Do you think I should wear my purple jacket or my black jacket?" El asked. Will glanced over at her as she held them both up, before looking back at his blue jacket and zipping it up.

"Uh.. the purple one." Will replied quietly.

"Are you sure?" El asked. Will nodded as he stared off aimlessly. "Will, you've been quiet since we got home." Will sighed.

"I don't know... I'm just... I don't know.." Will replied. The truth was he was worried about Mike. He was really quiet this morning. Too quiet. Especially after El went on about how much fun they had when Jonathan came over. El didn't realize the stark difference between their family dynamics, though to be fair Mike never really talked about his family with her. Will figured something probably happened that made Mike upset, though Mike refused to tell him anything was wrong.

"Does it have to do with Mike?" El asked.

"Kind of... I mean.. Nancy visited, and he was quiet all day." Will replied, sitting on El's bed. "I don't know... I'm just kind of worried." El sighed as she put down the two jackets and sat down next to Will.

"Well.. maybe going to Darren's party will lift his mood a bit? You know how he gets at parties." El responded. Will nodded as he looked down a bit.

"Yeah.. maybe." Will said. El sighed.

"Hey, don't worry.. whatever happened it'll be okay." El responded. Will nodded.

"Yeah.. how are you holding up?" Will asked.

"What? What do you mean?" El asked as she stood up, walking to her full-length mirror and grabbing the two jackets.

"With the whole... Max and Lucas getting back together thing." Will replied. El held up the jackets next to her as she looked at herself. "I mean.. you like Max.. and the other day at Lucas's you were quiet."

"I don't know honestly. I mean... I'm happy for them, but... I don't know." El started, "I mean I get why she got back together with him.. he's the better option. She's able to have a choice so why not the easy one?" Will nodded.

"Yeah, I get what you mean." Will responded, "But are you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, I mean.. they're both my best friends, and hanging out with them is fun, so as long as I do that and ignore my feelings.. it can't hurt." El replied. Will nodded as he watched El silently debate over which jacket she should wear.

"I think you should go with black actually." Will responded.

"Really?" El asked, turning to him.

"Yeah, it'll look good." Will replied with a smile. El smiled as she put it on and looked in the mirror.

"You're right." She said with a smile as she turned to Will. She stared at him for a few seconds, looking as if she was thinking.

"What?" Will asked. El smirked a bit as she turned to her dresser, grabbing a black bottle.

"You should put on eyeliner." El replied. Will's eyes widened a bit.

"What? No way. Absolutely not." Will responded.

"Oh come on, the party is being hosted by Darren. Do you really think he'd invite anyone that would make fun of you for that?" El asked. Will thought about it before sighing.

"Fine. But if anyone asks I'm gonna say you forced me." Will replied. El laughed a bit as she sat back down next to him.

"Come on, you'll look great." El said as she began to put it on him. Will sighed a bit.

"Whatever you say." Will responded with a light smile. After a minute, El was finished. She giggled excitedly as she got off of her bed and grabbed a small handheld mirror from her dresser. She then turned to Will, holding it up so he could see himself. Will smiled a bit when he saw how he looked. El didn't put much on, but it still looked nice.