Ch. 55

Enjoy x

~~

"Haribo - I need help ."

Harry walked out of the bathroom when Louis called him , chuckling when he saw Louis laying ontop of his suitcase on his stomach , trying to zip it closed . He walked over and patted his bum , "Get up , I'll take care of it ."

"Don't try to look inside though , I hid your present and I don't want you to see it ." Louis moved off the suitcase and stood up , Harry bit his lower lip and nodded , "Okay . Go get ready for bed , we're leaving early tomorrow ."

It was the night before the two left for their anniversary getaway , to the cruise Louis booked them tickets to . Harry kept a close eye on his boyfriend , trying to see how he was doing ; if he looked nervous , if he was relaxed , if he was deep in thoughts . He also hoped Louis would like , or at least accept , one of the anniversary presents he got him .

Louis finished getting changed for bed while Harry zipped his suitcase closed , he wrapped his arms around Harry's torso from behind , "I'm going to make myself some tea , want a cup too ?"

"Sure , thanks love ." Harry smiled and gave his hand a soft squeeze , Louis pressed a kiss to the bare skin between his shoulders and walked out of the room . Harry stared after him and let out a soft sigh ; there was one thought that didn't leave his mind every time he looked at Louis - well two , actually - love , and marriage .

He wanted to propose , wanted to have Louis for the rest of their lives - but it felt early . They were dating for a year - the best year of their lives - but Harry still felt like he needed to wait another year or two . He couldn't , but he knew it was early .

Harry finished with his own suitcase and zipped it closed , moving both suitcases to stand next to the dresser under their TV , placing their backpacks next to them .

Louis walked slowly into the room , holding two tea mugs in his hands . Harry took one of the mugs and they moved to sit in bed , watching a random TV show .

"How are you feeling ?" Harry wrapped his arm around Louis' waist , Louis shuffled until he was tucked into his side , "I'm alright . Why ?"

"Just checking up with you . We're going on a four-days cruise and I want to make sure you're okay ." Harry rubbed his back , "We could always pull back , you do know that , right ?"

"I'm really fine , Haribo . I've had enough time to prepare myself , and you've been helping me a lot this past year ." Louis looked up at him through his lashes , "I'm ready to face it , I promise . If I didn't I would've told you already ."

"Okay ." Harry nodded , leaning down to kiss his forehead . "I'm quite excited to get away for a bit , we haven't done that since New Years ."

"Mm , yeah ." Louis smiled , "We'll tan , drink a bunch , enjoy the pool a bit ."

Harry raised his eyebrows , "Will we ?"

"Well , yeah , was hoping for a night swim actually . Not with so many people around us ." Louis leaned his cheek on his chest , Harry squeezed him into his side , "Sounds lovely ."

~~

~~

The couple woke up early the next morning , as they had to drive for three hours to the port . Harry loaded the backseat of the car with their suitcases and backpacks while Louis made sure the entire house was locked up and secured , before locking the door behind him to join Harry in the car .

Harry smiled as Louis got into the passenger's seat , yawning into his palm . "Take a nap baby , we have quite a ride ."

"I'll nap the first hour , then you'll nap the second hour ." Louis nodded and put on his seatbelt as Harry pulled out of the driveway .