Ch. 28

Enjoy x

~~

"I don't have anything important scheduled for today ." Harry handed Louis his tea mug , "Want me to go with you ?"

Louis thanked him for the tea , then shook his head , "No , I'll be fine on my own . Thanks though ."

Harry nodded , "Okay . Call me if you need anything , I'm going out for groceries ."

"Okay ." Louis nodded . It's been two days since he was fired from the restaurant , he gathered his strength and decided to go out job-hunting . He didn't want to admit it out loud to Harry , but he did want Harry to come along , to keep him calm and sane . But he didn't want to seem like a child so he told Harry he didn't need him to come along .

Harry sat next to him with their plates of breakfast , "We're lucky I even managed to make this breakfast , there was pretty much nothing to work with in the fridge ."

Louis smiled softly , "Looks good , you mastered it ."

~~

Louis walked out of the ice cream parlor with his hands in his coat pockets , sighing to himself ; working there sounded quite nice , but in times like the winter when people barely walk in is not what he was looking for . Not to mention the way the manager kept eyeing his moves , specifically his prosthetic leg . It was too obvious .

He walked by foot to his next stop , the diner Harry talked about ; he knew the place from walking past it , but he never actually got to get inside . It took him about ten minutes to walk there , cleaned his shoes before stepping inside . He walked up to the barista , "Hi ."

The barista smiled , "Hello , how can I help you ?"

"My name is Louis , I uh , I'm here for a job interview ." Louis said , the girl smiled wider , "Oh , hi ! I'm Maria , Harry told me you're coming ."

Louis smiled back , "Yeah , uh , Ron knows about me , right ?"

"He does , told him about you ." Maria nodded , "He's actually not here right now , but he needs to be here any minute now . Want anything to drink ?"

Louis sat on the bar stool , struggling just a bit to get on it properly . "Uhm , hot chocolate would be nice . Thanks ."

Maria turned to the machine . "So , you and Harry , huh ?"

Louis smiled , "Yeah ."

"You're not from here , right ? Never saw you before ."

"No , I moved here less than a year ago ." Louis shook his head , taking his money out to pay for the drink . Maria nodded , "And how did you meet Harry ?"

"I - I was working with his friends at the restaurant , if you know Mitch and Sarah and all . So yeah ."

"That's cool ." She smiled and placed the mug in front of Louis , mumbling mostly to herself , "Always knew Harry is into small boys with blue eyes ."

Louis blushed softly and pursed his lips not to grin , looking down at the mug . "How do you know Harry ?"

"We're good friends from high school ." Maria said , "I went away for a bit , and moved back here a year ago ."