Prologue

It's a completely new fic and I've barely started writing , so it won't be updated until I have atleast half of the chapters written and edited . Slow updates !!

Enjoy x

~~

-Four Years Ago-

"Get out of the water !"

"Swim , Louis !"

"Hurry ! Hurry !"

"Louis watch ou -!"

Then he was pulled underwater by his leg . And there was pain , a lot of pain . He didn't dare looking down as he tried fighting .

He couldn't scream , he couldn't cry , he couldn't breathe .

Suddenly his leg was released and he was pulled out of the water . He couldn't feel his leg , then he couldn't feel anything . And he passed out .

~~

When he woke up , he was covered in white and blue sheets , and everything around him smelled way too clean .

He moved around and whimpered before his eyes fluttered open , his mother Jay was right next to him . 

"Hi love ." She said almost in a whisper , smiling with glassy eyes .

"Mum .." Louis rasped out , "Mum ."

"I'm here baby . You feeling alright ? Do you need anything ?"

"Mum , I - ... I can't feel my leg ." Louis whispered , "Am I that drugged ?"

Jay bit her lower lip , "No , baby . I - you - ... I'll go call the doctor and we'll both explain everything ." She kissed his forehead and his cheek before going to call the doctor .

A woman walked into the room along with Jay , the woman smiled at Louis , "Hello . I'm Dr. Ella , how are you feeling , Louis ?"

"Really dizzy . Like , my vision is kind of blurry , and I can't feel my leg . Why can't I feel my leg ?"

"Do you remember anything that happened ?"

At first Louis shook his head , but mere seconds later he remembered it all . He was surfing , then he saw a shark . A lifeguard boat came to help him , he tried swimming . The shark swam faster .

He whimpered and looked down at his legs , lifting the covers a bit and crying out when he saw his leg missing .

-Present Time-

"I'm so proud of you , love ." Jay hugged her oldest son , as they stood inside of his apartment . His new apartment , in a new city .

Louis hugged his mother , "Don't get all emotional , I'm only an hour away ."

"I know . You're still my baby , though ." Jay pulled back and moved his fringe , Louis smiled at her , "Oh , stop it ."

Jay laughed softly and rubbed his shoulder , "Alright now , let's get everything here sorted out ."

~~

I still don't know if it'll be a full on story or a short fic , either way I'm excited for this one x

~Author