𝟜

Regulus couldn't stop thinking of James as he walked up to the astronomy tower after his rounds. He didn't expect to see said Potter at the top of it sitting on the edge.

"Oh... hey" Regulus said quietly. James turned to him with a slightly shocked face before turning back to look at the stars.

"Sorry I didn't know you'd come up here" James said with his head against the wall.

"Um- no problem... do you mind if I sit down"

"I don't mind" Regulus sat down next to James but still a bit distant from him.

"Sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable today" James looked from the sky to his hands fiddling with his fingers. He didn't know why Regulus could make his normally confident self be so insecure.

"You didn't make me uncomfortable just annoyed be a bit" Regulus was looking at the sky trying to find a specific constellation. When he spotted it he got James' attention and pointed at it.

"That's Sirius 'the brightest star in the sky' he used to brag about that all the time" Regulus chuckled at the memory.

"You should talk to him... Sirius I mean" James turned to look at Regulus who looked almost ethereal with the moon shining on his face.

"I don't think I'm ready for that" Regulus was shocking himself with how open he was being. Not even Barty could get this much out of him.

"That's okay" James smiled at him "He misses you though"

"He's the one that left" Regulus was getting annoyed and just wanted to change the subject.

"Reggie listen-" Regulus got up and left before James could continue. James was hurt but smiled at how much progress he made.

"And where were you?" Barty asked his head on his palm as he interrogated Regulus.

"No where- none of your business"

"Alright Reg you'll get a pass but I'm watching you"

~~~~~~
Sorry this one is shorter than normal but I didn't really know what else to write