𝟛𝟠

"Prongs!" James didn't respond, he was still sat by the tree. He couldn't move, this seemed like a twisted nightmare and he was waiting to wake up.

"Prongs mate are you okay?" Sirius and Remus had ran out to find James after he had not returned for hours.

James looked up at them he was still crying, he couldn't stop. Remus quickly knelt to hug James.

"Oh Prongs it's okay" James sobbed into Remus' chest.

"Reg! Hey Regulus! Listen to me dammit!" Regulus was speed walking back to his dorm, he was crying hysterically. He hated the universe, it played twisted games and made two people who could never be together fall in love.

Barty had grabbed Regulus turning him to face him. His face changed to worry as he saw Regulus practically sobbing.

"Hey Reg don't cry I'm here what happened with Potter?" Regulus fell into Barty's arms luckily no one had been around to witness it.

"We broke up" Barty froze, he was going to kill James. "Don't go all murdery it was my idea"

"Why" Regulus was still in Barty's arms his sobs calming down becoming hiccups.

"Because I'm a death eater and he's bloody gryffindors hero, we'll both get killed if anyone finds out" Barty nodded holding Regulus closer.

No one saw either boy in days. No one really noticed Regulus' absence from meals and classes but everyone noticed James, how he never came to meals or classes or even out of his dorm.

"He's heartbroken it's okay for him to be sad but he really shouldn't be skipping meals" everyone nodded to Peter. They were trying to think of a way to help James.

"Has anyone seen Reg?" Everyone looked up to Sirius who was analyzing the slytherin table, he watched Barty get up with a plate of food and walk out the great hall.

"Please mate you have to eat" Barty was staring at Regulus who had been sleeping all day.

"Please just leave me alone" Barty nodded setting the food down next to his end table before grabbing the full plate from yesterday.

"You have to eat it Reg" He pet Regulus' hair before walking out of the dorm room.

_____

Um time skip in the next chapter.

Going to a amusement park tomorrow for my birthday 🙋‍♂️