𝟟

Regulus was working on a Veritaserum potion during advanced potions. His brother and his friends behind him making a bunch of noise. Lily Evan's was his partner, he really didn't mind her she wasn't annoying like the other gryffindors he knew. She was smart too so they should be able to get top marks on the potion.

"Padfoot shut the hell up" James said behind Regulus lacking a joking tone. Regulus was confused by this but decided to not turn and get the attention of his brother.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean that... but are you sure you're okay mate?" Sirius truly was concerned for his friend lately.

"I told you I'm fine just leave it"

Lily sighed beside him while getting together enough Jobberknoll feathers for the potion. It would take almost a month for the potion to be finished so slughorn told them that they would check on their potions during classes after this and then be able to leave.

"I don't get what's going on with him" Lily mumbled quiet enough for only her and Regulus to hear. Regulus decided not to get involved but making a mental note to ask James that night.

"Regulus my boy the potion seems to be going amazing" Slughorn had came up to inspect their potion while Regulus was zoned out. His loud voice making Regulus jump

"I hope to see you at my party tomorrow night?" The slug clubs party's. Everyone invited dreaded them but still attended to try and get a higher grade in potions.

"Uh... ya I'll be there" Regulus didn't really need a higher grade but Barty would probably make him go either way.

"Splendid!"

James was staring at the back of Regulus' head to mesmerized by how focused he seemed to hear Sirius calling out to him. The potion had turned the complete wrong color because James had forgot to add an ingredient. The potion soon exploded on everone in the classroom. Everyone turned to Sirius and James livid after they got pink goop all over them.

"Oops?" James was sorry but was to focused on the way Regulus tried to stifle a giggle. That made him smile widely. Lily thought he was smiling at her and smiled back only to look to the side and see a small smile at Regulus who had kept eye contact with James while chuckling under his breath. She sighed and turned to get her now pink stuff from her table and leave the classroom.

"James Sirius detention" Regulus bursted out laughing at that but quieted at the glare from James. Sirius looked incredulously at him. He hadn't heard Regulus laugh in a long time.

"Regulus if it's so funny you can join them" Slughorn was clearly mad at the mess in his classroom.

Regulus sighed but grabbed his stuff and left after sticking his tounge out at James who had laughed at him back.

Sirius was staring at his best friend who smiled for the first time in a week. Well as far as he was concerned a week. He couldn't figure out what was going on with James but it definitely involved his brother.

~~~~~~~~
Hehe