𝟚𝟟

Sirius and Peter were watching as James panicked to get ready to go somewhere. They tried asking but all they got was a 'no where important' Remus was smirking while reading his book being the only person who knew what James was so nervous about.

"Okay Um- I'm going to the... library? Ya library to... study? be back soon"

"He knows the library is closed since its past curfew.. right?" Peter had been working on his transfiguration homework with Sirius.

"Oh Wormtail... Hes obviously not going to the library" Sirius chuckled at the way Peter's eyes went wide with realization.

"Oh..."

"Hey Reggie..." Regulus looked behind him to see James standing nervously at the top of the stairs. He stood up walking towards James.

"Hey James..." this was awkward it was so much easier when they were just kissing but now they actually have to talk about it.

"So- can we talk about yesterday?" Regulus started to panic what if he said it was a mistake or that he really didn't like Regulus.

"Ya- sure.." he honestly just wanted to get the conversation over with.

"So- clearly- I like you and I think you like me back?" Regulus sighed in relief James likes him. It should've been obvious but Regulus gets insecure over anything he has the mental capacity to overthink. (Pov: projecting)

"Ya..."

"So what do we do about it?" James grabbed his hand making Regulus lock eyes with him.

"I like you I really really do but Sirius, and Voldemort if we get caught-" James put his hand on Regulus' cheek making him turn red but still leaning into it. James beant down to Regulus' ear.

"It's our turn to be selfish for a bit don't you think?" Regulus looked down and nodded before he stood on his toes to reach James' face putting their foreheads together.

"Can I kiss you..?" James breathed out before nodding causing Regulus to kiss him lightly. It was short but still held so much feeling.

James pulled away and stood back from Regulus bowing obnoxiously grabbing Regulus' hand and kissing his fingers lightly.

"Would you Regulus Arcturus Black be my boyfriend.... please?"

Regulus started laughing before dragging James back up to meet him face to face.

He chuckled, kissing James for only a second before pulling away "Yea sure"

____

POV: you already have an entire ending and epilogue prepared for this and they only just started dating 😭