𝟞

"Hey" James said when he saw Regulus in the astronomy tower in the same spot he was the previous night.

"Hi" Regulus breathed out, James sat down beside him and they were in the same position as last night.

"I'm sorry for annoying you about Sirius last night"

"It's fine" Regulus looked over at James and smiled slightly at the way the boy looked so content just looking at the stars. "You're a good friend to him you know"

James looked at him shocked but didnt say anything so Regulus continued.

"I was hurt when Sirius left and I don't think I'm ready to forgive him... but I'm glad he had someone like you to run to"

"Oh- thanks I'm just glad he's safe... speaking of Reggie if you ever want to get out of there please come to my place I just want you to be safe to" Both Regulus and James were shocked by how much he cared. He was a caring person but Regulus seemed different to him. He wanted him to be safe from the house he had heard so much about from his best friend.

They sat in silence after that. It wasn't awkward, both boys felt content just staring at the stars above them silently wishing for this to happen again the next night.

"Hey have you seen James anywhere?" Lily asked Sirius in the common room who was cuddled up with Remus by the fireplace.

"Oh uh no? Maybe Pete knows he's up in the dorm" Sirius responded. Lily went up to check with Peter starting to worry for her boyfriend, he had seemed off today and now it seems he was avoiding her.

"Prongs doesn't seem happy" Remus said once Lily had left. Sirius just looked up at him and urged him to continue but he knew what he was talking about. "He's loved Lily as long as we've known him and he finally got with her but he doesn't seem happy does he?"

It was more of a rhetorical question but Sirius still answered with a shake of his head leaning back into Remus' chest.

"What are we gonna do with him Moony?"

~~~~~~~
We're getting close 😏