Ashlynn Moore

It was a sunny brisk morning, a morning like every other. Today was going to be a normal day... or that's what Ashlynn thought.

I woke up at 6:30am as always and started to get ready for work. At the moment I work for a photography company but soon I want to become self employed. I made my breakfast which was always a piece of toast with Nutella with at least 2 portions of fruit on the side, today it was an apple and some strawberries (my favourite, the strawberries not the apple). I showered and got dressed, today I wore a simple t-shirt and mom jeans, I love the fact that I can dress casual for my job, something comfy and easy to move about in. It was coming up to 7:30am which was the time that I would have to leave. I live on the outside of London in a small 2 bedroom home, a small cottage like home has been one of my dreams ever since I was a child. I love my home. I left for work at 7:30am after saying goodbye to my Corgi who was named Marvel. Not forgetting to mention that I am a huge Marvel fan ever since Ironman came out in 2008. After saying goodbye to my bubba (Marvel) I left for work.

I arrived at work ready to start the day. I felt like today was going to be a good day until I saw my bosses face as I entered the office. She looked at me with a face of pity, not something you want to see from a person who employs you. She called me into her office and asked me to sit down, that's when my heart sank, her tone was weak and I knew something was wrong.

"I just want to say thank you for all the work you have completed over the last 5 years but I am sorry to admit that we have to let you go, we just don't have the funding to keep you on as a photographer anymore... We are all very sorry."

I sat there, not knowing what to say or where to look. I slowly got up out of the chair and walked out of the office with tears forming in my eyes. I had just lost my job. What was I going to do now?

I drove home and decided to snuggle up with Marvel for a few hours while watching my comfort film which is Captain America the Winter Soldier.

A few hours later I got a call from my best friend, Gina, explaining that we are going out tonight to get our minds of everything. She knew that I would just spend the next week in bed watching Marvel films and knew that she had to get me out before I go too deep in the world of Marvel.

"Hey Ashlynn, just calling to let you know that we are going out in London tonight, no ifs or buts, we are going, we have got to get you out."

"Hi Gina, I really don't wanna go out tonight" I really did not feel like going out but I knew I had to, not just for me but for everyone else in my life because once I get stuck in the Marvel hole it's extremely difficult to get me out of it. "But I'll come because Ill feel better in the long run."

"Yessss" she squealed down the phone, she loved going out in London.

"What time fo you want to go out?" I asked Gina

"I'll pick you up at 8pm" she replied

"Okay great, see you then!" I felt kinda optimistic about this evening even though I really did not want to go out, but I felt it was going to be a good night.