Being Tourists

We went to meet the others in Scarlets room, everyone was already there and I went to go look for Paul.

"I'm just gonna go speak to Paul about where we are going to take you today."

"Okay, I'll just be with Downey if you need me" Chris replied with.

"Hi Paul, so I was wondering if you wanted to take them to some of the top 10 tourist destinations of London, I've never really done the tourist destinations so I would love to see them as well, what do you think?"

"That sounds great Ashlynn, where do you want to take them first?" Paul questioned.

"I was thinking Buckingham Palace, it's a classic" I said excitedly.

"Okay let's do this!" Paul met my excitement.

Paul gathered everyone round and led everyone to face me.

"So firstly we are going to go to Buckingham Palace, everyone ready?"

Everyone cheered with excitement, I looked over to Chris who looked happy to see that I was getting along with everyone. I walked over to Chris and asked him "why so happy?"

"Nothing just happy" he knew what he was happy about but didn't want to scare Ashlynn off, he was so happy he met this girl, a girl he never thought he would ever meet, someone so normal yet so exciting and different all at the same time.

I gave him a smile and led everyone out the hotel and towards Buckingham Palace.

As we walked out the hotel, everyone was wearing a cap or hat and sunglasses, which didn't seem suspicious due to the fact that I was a sunny day in London, yet there was still a breeze in the air so I needed the sweatshirt.

We began walking, I was walking next to Chris and Paul leading everyone and I noticed small things that have happened in my life around here, so I began to tell them all.

"So by that bench there I puked up all the alcohol I drank at my 18 birthday 7 years ago, oh and over there in the park I fell asleep on that bench after a night out on my 20th birthday" everyone chuckled.

Chris realised that he had never even asked Ashlynn her age and was okay to learn that she was 25, only 10years younger than him. He didn't mind that sort of age gap in friendships. Friendships, that's what he told himself.

"Oh and over there in that fountain... I may have gotten into it on a different night out and may have been arrested because I wouldn't get out, it was a hot day and I was not used to it being so hot at night so I felt like cooling down in it" Everyone looked at me shocked and just laughed.

Chris looked over at you, "been in handcuffs ay?"

"That's not the only time I've been in handcuffs" I winked then walked away.

Chris stood there in shock as he knew exactly what I meant.

We all carried on and I looked behind, Chris was still stood there in shock.

"Come on slowpoke" I shouted at him.

He soon snapped out of the shock of it and came running towards us.

"You okay?"

"Yep, I'm good, let's go to Buckingham Palace, also I would like to go on a night out with you, I would love to witness it!" Chris explained.

"I mean you kinda did last night!"

"I know but I want to start the night with you and have a proper night out"

"Okay, sounds good to me, quick question, how long are you in London for?"

"Oh shit ye, we are here for one week and then I'm back to Boston for a couple weeks to see the family and then back to work."