The Mother

The next morning I woke up with Chris's arms still wrapped around me. It was comforting. I felt safe.

"Good morning Pretty"

"Good morning Handsome"

"How did you sleep?" Chris questioned.

"You know what I've never slept so good in my life, I feel so refreshed when I wake up next to you!"

"I was about to say the same thing love" he replied.

"I must be rubbing off on you, with you now saying "love""

"True" he chuckled.

"I'm actually from the north of England, but We moved down south when I was 15, which is why I say love, its definitely more of a northern thing and it brings out my northern accent a bit more"

"I was going to say that your accent always changed lightly when you say "love" when your addressing someone".

"Ye I do a bit"

We both got up showered and got ready for the day.

I went downstairs and started making some breakfast.

"Ooo something smells good!" Chris expressed.

"Oh I'm just making my famous pancakes, which is coconut milk and self easing flour mixed together and then cook the individual pancakes and then add Nutella on top. It is perfection. The coconut and the chocolate blend so well together!"

"Oh my, these are fucking incredible, wow!"

"Why thank you!"

We finished breakfast and Chris decided to tidy up so I sat on the kitchen work top. "So today I was thinking movie day but I need to get some food first, so I need to go food shopping."

"I'll come with you" Chris offered.

"You don't have to, I'm a big girl I can do stuff on my own" I chuckled.

"I know, but I love grocery shopping!"

"Okay great, thank you!"

"Why are you thanking me?"

"Just for being here"

"Well thank you too!"

Once we finished tidying up we made our way over to the supermarket, Chris had is baseball cap on and he gave me his NASA cap to wear. We were both wearing joggers and sweatshirts, nothing exciting just comfy, trying not to draw attention to ourselves.

We walked in, no one seemed to bat an eye lid so we began our shop.

"We don't need to get too much as we are going to Boston so just get what you need and want and I'll pay!" Chris offered.

"You don't have to"

"I want to, now get whatever you want"

"Okay, okay thank you." I smiled and then we carried on shopping.

We then walked into the next isle.

"Stop!" I said sternly.

"What why?"

"That's my mother"

"Oh god, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, the last time I saw her was when she kicked me out at this point in time I had a girlfriend which I how I told her I was Bisexual and some how we have just never ran into each other thankfully, well until now. It's been 7 years, she doesn't even know if I'm still alive as I don't have social media, let's just carry on walking and just keep looking forward."