Late Night Walks

Chris was sat on the sofa when the phone rang for a FaceTime. Trying to hide the worry in his face he picked up the phone.

"Hey Love, I've just landed and it's 11pm here and I'm definitely ready for bed...but you have a worried look on your face, what's wrong?" I asked confused.

"Hi Honey, I erm, well, you see..." Chris tried to explain.

"Chris love, what's happened?" Panic in my voice.

"Where are you?" Chris questioned.

"I'm just outside the airport now waiting for Josh to pick me up to take me home why?"

"I'll explain once your home"

"Chris please just tell me I'm worried now, hang on my brother here now, let me get in the car and then explain everything to me please"

"Okay yes I will" Chris spoke with a weak smile.

Josh got out the car hugged me and then got my luggage and put it in the boot of the car as I got in the car.
Josh did seem to notice that my mind was somewhere else so he let me get in the car and carry on my conversation with Chris. Once I got in the car Chris proceeded with his conversation.

"So you know my wallpaper on my phone"

"Ye the picture of us in the shower"

My brother looked at me in disgust.

"Don't try and act like you haven't showered with one of your girlfriends because I know you have" I said to him.

"Wait what how?" Josh questioned but I ignored him.

"Well when I checked my phone as I left the airport this morning some paparazzi took a picture of me and in the picture it showed my wallpaper..."

My face then changed even more to even more worry.

"Then there was a news article about it, and close ups of my phone wallpaper but I've gotten the article taken down and all the other pictures taken down. I can't control how many people have screen shots of it but it's not as much in the public anymore, I'm sorry I should have been more careful, but I needed to tell you."

"Thank you Chris, and it's not your fault" I said with no emotion in my face. "So the public now know intimate details about our relationship"

"Yes, I really wish I could be with you right now but we will get through this"

There was a pause.

"Chris"

"Yes honey" Chris responded.

"This isn't exactly what I wanted but being with you is what I want and this is what comes along with it, it's hard, but I want to be with you"

"I'm happy to hear that, and I will be more careful next time and I want to be with you too and I don't want the public and paparazzi getting in the way of it"

"So we will have we don't let it get in the way"

"If you need me just call me though" Chris spoke.

"I will and same for you" I smiled.

"Okay I'll leave you to catch up with your brother now, let him know I said hi"

"I will do, Bye" I waved.

"Goodbye" he waved back.

We both blew a kiss through the screen and then ended it.

"So tell me how do you know I've showered with one of my past girlfriends?" Josh pondered.

"I used to live with you, you dickhead!"