Chapter 2

The wound looked deep and after further inspection it had been there for a while, you're not sure how he'd even managed to survive this long but you were sure he'd just died. 

"I'm sorry I didn't find you earlier" 

You made sure to turn him over very carefully, finally getting a look at his face…or well mask, he had long beautiful pink hair which heavily contrasted with the pig skull covering his face as you removed the mask you saw just how handsome the man was, though he was covered in scars you could see how well structured and beautiful he was and as you leaned in to examine him the lightest breath of air touched your cheek… He was alive. Quickly standing up you panicked wondering what you could do, he wasn't dead but he would be very soon…

"oh man, I gotta carry you don't I?"

You sighed and began the preparation to carry the mysterious man on your back, pocketing the crown and putting the mask back on him. Trying to get him on your back was difficult as you didnt want to hurt him too much but when you did you immediately began the journey back home. He was very heavy, probably the heaviest thing you've carried, his legs dangled. He was much taller than you. 

When you finally reached your small cabin it had already passed mid day, so you placed his unconscious body on your table. Blood splattered on the surface as you quickly got to work, you had no idea how he was still alive but you'd use this opportunity to save him if you could.  Grabbing as many healing herbs, potions and bandages you had you raced to help the poor pink haired man. Taking off his cape and blouse to examine the wound.  

It was a large and deep gash across the abdomen, the wound had bled so much it soaked the once white blouse. You cleaned up the wound as much as you could, wiping away the dry blood and anything else, then immediately applied a healing potion and a healing paste made from the various herbs in the forest, it wasn't much but it's all you had. Finally you dressed the wound and laid him down on your bed being careful not to hurt him too much. 

"That's all I can do… Sorry" and with that you left the room, every once and a while you'd come in to check on him but for hours he didn't move. You paced around your house most of the time, just waiting for something to happen until your stomach growled a reminder that you still hadn't eaten.

"dammit, I should've eaten that damn apple" 

You couldn't go back now, it was getting too late so you just decided to make some soup from the vegetables you grew in a small garden in the backyard. So you decided to make dinner while your mysterious guest slowly recovered.

"I'm so hungry, I think I'll have a little bread too" 

You smile and continue to talk to yourself as you make your dinner, what a tiring day. You hoped you could get blood stains out of sheets. Leaving the soup to simmer you once again checked on the man deciding now would be a good time to change the bandages. 

When you entered the room you noticed the lantern you lit was now out. 

"huh?… but there's no wind in here"

You shrugged and walked over to the lamp igniting it once again before turning around to the empty bed. 

"oh fuck, where did he go?!" 

You desperately searched the room but couldn't find him, however you stopped moving when you heard a creak in the floorboards behind you and before you could react a knife was at your throat from behind and your arms were restrained behind your back.  You squeaked in shock as the knife came dangerously close to your neck. 

"who sent you…" a gruff voice calmly spoke in your ear. 

"w-what? I don't know what you'r-" you tried to say but he quickly interrupted you.  

"don't play dumb, where am I?!" 

You gulped as the knife came closer, now touching your neck.

"I wasn't sent by anyone! This is my home! I just found you outside my forest!" 

The man became quiet, presumably while he thought about your response.

"you're home? Ack!'' Suddenly the knife dropped from the man's hand as he recoiled back in pain, holding his abdomen. You gasped and quickly dashed away as he looked at you, studying your face with his eyes. You backed up as far away from him as you could before you bumped the wall. He muttered something you couldn't hear before collapsing once again on your floor. 

You sighed, he's out again…carefully picking him up you put the pink haired man on the bed again.

"no way you're getting the jump on me again" 

You tied his hands to the bed frame with some spare rope and sat in a chair beside the bed, armed with a rolling pin to protect you and the knife in your pocket if things went sour. You waited. 

After an hour and a half the man finally stirred, his eyes flickering as he woke from his rest, your back stiffened in fear as you clutched the rolling pin close to your chest. He blinked as his eyes adjusted to the light and immediately tried to get up, clang! He was pulled back by the restraints on his wrists, the sudden pull made his eyes shoot open as he was finally fully awake and aware of the situation. Clang! Clang! Clang! He struggled making the bed frame wobble and hit the wall. He looked around suddenly and panicked before he finally spotted you looking absolutely mortified that a man that injured still had any semblance of strength left in him. 

"what do you want from me...let me go... Now." His once calm voice was filled with anger, he glared right at you making you quickly look away in a panic. 

"I-I can't do that..." you clutched the pin, avoiding eye contact. He frowned and looked at the pin then backed up at you with an annoyed expression. 

"...and why not?"  he wasn't amused. 

"cause y-you might attack me again!" you spit out crossing your arms. 

He laughed, confusing you. 

"Oh wow, me? Attack my kidnapper? What a crime...you should definitely call the guards"

You frowned and looked back at him.

"I'm not a kidnapper! I just found you dying so I helped you!" 

He paused for a moment before scoffing. 

"sure, just untie me and I'll leave I don't have time to mingle with peasants" 

"You sure are rude, you know that? What? Don't know how to say thank you?" 

He gritted his teeth, clearly annoyed. 

"Listen kid I didn't ask you to help me, so let me go and I'll get out of your hair" 

"you'll die out there, I saw you collapse just about an hour ago. If you went out now you'd die of blood loss or from the cold" 

"well thanks for the advice, but I won't die" 

"and how do you know that?" 

He smirked and sat up more, making direct eye contact as he spoke. 

"I never die" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:1225