Chapter 16

The once peaceful night was filled with screams of terror, metal on flesh and horrific sounds of great slaughter. As the pink haired man viciously hunted down all of the town guards. The residents of the town shut their windows and locked the doors knowing a great hunter was serving sweet justice to the tyrannical guards who had ruled over the citizens with ruthless cruelty.

A lone guard tried to knock down a resident's home so he could be safe from this mysterious man's wrath, demanding they let him in. The scared family inside blocked the entrance, they would not shield the wicked.

When the hunt was over the night was quiet again, not a single man, woman or child uttered a word of that night. Only thanking the gods for their unknown savior. Only a single Innkeep knew who had cleansed the town, but her silence was already bought the moment she knew what he'd do.

The next morning you woke to a hand brushing your cheek lightly. You stirred, opening your puffy eyes to see Techno sitting next to you on the edge of the bed.

"good morning Techno"

You gave him your usual kind smile which he returned. You went to get up but a pain shot through your arm, right... You were injured. Techno began unwrapping your bandages to clean and dress your wound again, you stayed silent, remembering what happened last night.

"oh god...I cried in front of you..."

You held your face in embarrassment, hiding your flushed cheeks. He gave a small chuckle.

"That's what you're embarrassed about?"

"ughh yess"

When he was done dressing your wound he stood up, putting his cape on. You quickly got up, putting your hood, bag and shoes on.

"we have to go soon, the next town over will be a two day journey on foot"

You looked down at your arm, it would be a pain to walk so long with an injury, Techno knew this but there was no other choice.

"lets go"

With a nod you followed him down the stairs to the Bar. There the Innkeep was waiting with a bag of preserved foods, handing it over with a smile.

"I heard you're going to leave today, I wanted to thank you for your help yesterday"

"help?"

You looked at Techno for answers but he just put on his blank stare. The innkeeper continued.

"I just so happen so have a friend going to the capital, if you'd like a ride there we're willing to let you stowaway on the carriage"

This was perfect! Together you'd get there in less than a day! You looked at Techno expectantly but he had a sour expression.

"we can't do that, it's too risky"

You frowned, of course it was dangerous. After all, you remembered how complete strangers had hurt you. With a heavy sigh you looked at your arm sadly, Techno took notice, immediately feeling guilty that he couldn't protect you that time.

"we'll take your offer, thank you"

"no...thank you" she gave Techno a wink.

Your eyes flew open in shock, what on earth did he do?! What kind of help did he offer?! Thoughts raced through your mind...

"did you two have se-"

Techno punched the top of your head, just enough for it to sting a little. You quickly groaned and rubbed your head to relieve the pain.

"ow ow ow- Why did you do that?!"

Your cheeks puffed in annoyance, he simply shot you a disgusted look before dragging you out the back of the bar where a carriage was being packed.

After exchanging words with the driver you both hopped in the back and set off. The hardwood hurt your back but you simply leaned on Technos shoulder for support. Despite the rough road Techno never once looked uncomfortable, but his mask did hide his face so you really couldn't tell.

"so what's this 'capital' like"

He hummed, gathering his words to describe it.

"It's big"

You laughed at his description.

"that's it?"

"no...well...it's governed by an immature kid if that's what your asking"

"no no none of that...tell me about what it's like there, to live there, to grow up there"

He pondered your questions, he didn't really understand what you meant.

"It's...warm...and it only snows once a year"

"Wow snow! I've never seen it!"

"snows very beautiful, it covers the ground in this soft white layer and deafens all noise"

"the way you describe beautiful things is very peculiar"

"I know..."

"And so what else? I wanna hear more"

"Well I didn't grow up there but I did visit a lot with my mother and brothers. Especially when it was winter time in the Holy kingdom, we'd go there for a holiday"

You listened carefully to his tales about visiting the capitol, his brothers were all very different. The youngest was named Thomas, the next was him, after that was Dream and the oldest was Wilbur.

"why do you and Dream have such strange names"

"These are just the names our mothers gave us, since they come from different countries. Those are the names translated from their mother tongue. Whilst Thomas and Wilburs mothers were originally from the Holy kingdom."

"So your father had four Wives?! That's so many! He must be quite handsome"

You put up your fingers to shape a square, displaying Technos handsome features. He shook his head.

"they were strictly political, no love was necessary"

You lowered your hands.

"oh...how sad"

"that's just the way it is, I was to be matched with a partner too, when I returned from the war with honor"

"you get married?! that's kinda funny to think about"

"why...?"

"you're just so cold! I bet you scare all the ladies despite that handsome face"

His cheeks turned a slight shade of red.

"well...you're half right, but it was mostly because of my dirty blood," he gestured at his pointed ears.

"no one wants piglin blood to infect their bloodline, even if the person is a war hero"

"What's a piglin? Some kind of...pig?"

"you don't know what a piglin is?! They are a savage pig faced people with an insatiable greed, hunger and bloodlust...though I'm only part it doesn't matter"

"hm...sounds like they are having a fun time, y?"

You let out a hearty chuckle, he frowned.

"you're not taking this seriously..."

"What??? Do you want me to cower in fear now that I know your big secret?? We're partners, remember?"

You gave him a reassuring smile, which he returned with his own sweet smile, showing off his fangs. The sight made you smile even wider.

"Plus you're my best friend so you're kinda stuck with me."

You hooked your arm with his.

"So no take backs!"