Chapter 4

After last night's events and much struggle the man who still remained nameless rested in your bed, while you restlessly slept on the floor in the other room. He was much more compliant this time, not talking as if he was sulking. Whatever it didn't matter to you, you gave him food before heading off to sleep.  You sighed, laying your head on the cold wood floor. 

"maybe this wasn't such a good idea" was your last thought as you finally drifted off to sleep. 

The next morning you woke to the sounds of the birds singing at the break of dawn. It felt like you had only just closed your eyes, another day of chores and gathering you thought. As you sat up and stretched your muscles awake, you heard creaking coming from your room. Suddenly you remembered you picked up a strange dying man in the forest and he was now roaming free in your house. Quickly getting up you rushed to the room expecting to find a sickly dying mn on your bed but instead the injured stranger was doing pushups on the floor shirtless with nothing but his trousers and bandages covering him. 

Your eyes widened.

"What the hell are you doing?! You're gonna hurt yourself" 

He didn't reply, but you were used to this by now, every hour or so he'd try to get up to do something but you gently guided him back to bed.  He really was like a lost child, if a lost child could kill you whenever he wanted. 

You sighed in defeat "Just make sure to eat breakfast" as you walked away you heard him stop temporarily before continuing to work out...what a weirdo. 

Whatever, having him here wasn't going to stop your busy schedule! After all, it was berry harvesting day! You smiled wide ready to head out after cleaning, today you'd make some nice jam! 

Just as you walked through the door you heard a voice which stopped you in your tracks. 

"where are you going?" 

You turned your head to see the now sweaty shirtless man standing in the kitchen clutching one of your towels. You blushed and looked away immediately, after all you weren't used to seeing someone half naked never mind them being so attractive. 

You scratch your cheek nervously and laugh, "well I was just going to go gathering. You're welcome to stay here and raid my pantry, okay bye!" 

As you rushed out the door you swore you could hear him say "wait" but maybe your ears were just playing tricks on you. 

"I'll collect as many as I can and make jam so good it'll bring that emotionless weirdo to tears" you laughed mischievously, your plan would surely work. You began collecting all the berries you could fit into your basket, this was a great day for gathering!

Rustle, rustle.  

The bush near you began rustling unnaturally as if not caused by the wind. You froze in place, surely it couldn't be another dying man right? You could only deal with one right now. 

"w-who's there?" 

At the sound of your voice the rustling stopped and the forest became unsettlingly quiet. Usually a bird or animal could be heard but you couldn't even hear the wind at that point. Something was off. 

You stood up, looking over the bush but nothing was there. For some reason you were on edge and it felt like  hair was standing on end. You didn't like it,  it was as if the forest you knew had turned into a silent purgatory.

Packing up your stuff you decided you weren't going to risk it today and as you dashed off back to your home as fast as you could the sound didn't return until you opened the door. 

"hey! talk to me!" 

The pink-haired man sitting on your table blinked and looked at you as if you were gone completely insane from your short trip to the forest. 

"Did you finally lose your mind?" you sighed happily, the sound of another voice other than your own was comforting. Even if the man sitting in front of you was completely mad, you were still delighted in his company after years of being so isolated. 

You smiled politely and shrugged, throwing him off. 

"maybe"

He raised an eyebrow at your response and straightened his boar mask. You glided across the floor to the stove and whistled happily. 

"hey... Do you like jam?" 

"Is that some kind of peasant food?" 

"mmm I guess!" you happily chimed setting everything up to make some jam. "it's best on bread" 

"don't you have any meat?" he grumbled as he watched you carefully cut the fresh berries. 

"I don't hunt"

he raised an eyebrow, confused.  

"just go buy some" 

"There aren't any towns nearby" 

"Then what the hell do you eat!?" 

"uhh, vegetables I grow in my garden...fresh fruit and berries... The occasional fish if I want it and...bread" 

He didn't look amused. 

"I see, no wonder your so small and weak" 

You spun around on your heels and pointed a wooden spoon at him, glaring. 

"I'm not weak! I carried you here didn't I??" 

He stared at your arms then back at you.  

"you should eat more meat your tiny" 

"I'm sure everyone is tiny compared to you...anyway I'm not taking advice from you, I don't even know your name!" 

You spun back around to your pot filled with berries and began mixing it. He fell silent, pondering about something behind your back before he spoke clear and loud to you. 

"it's Techno" 

"what is?"

"that's my name" 

You blinked in surprise,  techno??  slowly turning back around to face him you see he's staring right at you eager to see your response. 

You simply smiled. 

"well... It's finally nice to meet you Techno"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:976