Chapter 41

"Father! Father!" A young brown haired boy leaped to his fathers side, beaming. "look what I caught" Dream held up the squirming bunny for his father to see, the hunters around him clapped for the prince. It was the annual hunting competition, where many hunters of great expertise would release animals into the forest for them to hunt and whoever came back with the biggest prey would win.

The king pet his son's head, praising him for his efforts.

"good work my boy, your first hunt-"

"your majesty!" a servant interrupted the moment between him and his father for an announcement. "The third prince! He-He-"

Before the man could finish a familiar pink haired boy entered the throne room. It was a dream piglin halfbreed brother, behind him he dragged the carcass of a dead black bear. The hunters went silent at the sight of the biggest game being brought down by the dirty blooded prince.

The room was silent, as techno red eyes scanned the room. Everyone's eyes filled with malice and hatred towards him but he didnt care, techno walked to his father, bowing at his feet.

"my hunt belongs to your majesty" He spoke to his father, the man smiled, clapping his hands. The other nobles and hunters quickly followed suit, dreaming green eyes looking upon his brother with disgust. It had always been like this, Techno was ahead in his studies, noble lessons and swordsmanship. There was nothing he could do to catch up, dream hid the rabbit behind his back in shame that he only managed to catch something already so defenseless. 

"He is truly my flesh and blood!" The king proclaimed.

Technos' eyes scanned his brother, he casually bowed his head to him before leaving. Dreams clenched his teeth, his hands finding his way to the rabbit's small neck, its squeals went unheard by the roaring crowd.

Crack.

________

A Purple light engulfed the room in seconds, temporarily blinding Dream and his men. Your conscious mind slipped away as something else took over, as if you were trapped inside your own head watching the events play out. 

"Why aren't the chains working?!" Dream questioned his men, they didn't know either. All your mana should've been sucked out by now they were baffled by how you continued to produce mana at an alarming rate. However inside you, the mana that had been building up for years was finally being released, the sheer amount sent shockwaves through the room shattering all the windows and cracking the walls. The men flew back, that was when the very castle walls exploded sending stone and wood everywhere, it landed on top of buildings and on grass leaving the whole room exposed except for some walls.

Everything was dark, you could walk and feel but it was as if you were blind. Your body was hot and full of rage, but you couldn't remember who it was. You could only remember that your friends needed help.

Dream shakily stood, his ears ringing from the psychic and physical damage your mana push had done to him. His other men had been crushed by debris or knocked out cold, he stared up at you, glaring around with purple eyes like you were blind. As soon as a piece of the wall fell to the floor you shot at it with purple flames, Dream deduced that you were in some kind of mana induced rage and was blind to the world right now.

"A-Andriel" Your voice was dry.

Dream stood still observing as you reached out in the dark to the maid he had stabbed, placing your hand over her eye, his sick smile grew wide when he saw the purple flame grow from your hand and heal her in front of his very eyes. Then you placed a hand on Philzas head, healing him as well, Dream looked around the room realising your capabilities not just as a hostage but as a pet.

"Your majesty! Are you okay?!" Voices came from downstairs, seeing your aggressive response he didn't answer them. You tried to stand again but felt your knees buckle, you were at your limit. That when Dream made the mistake of thinking you were harmless, you heard his steps creak closer, the sound made you jump and fire at him.

"AGH!" He screamed as the fire set his mask ablaze in an instant, he threw it off, watching as it burnt before his eyes until only ash remained in a matter of seconds. His eyes widened, realising if he hadn't thrown it off he could quite possibly died then and there.

"incredible" he whispered, you were like an animal going off the basic instinct to protect yourself. But in this state your mana was burning and it was burning fast. Dream walked to you as quietly as he could, picking up the chains while your purple eyes searched blindly, when you had let your guard down he threw the chain wrapping it around your neck. 

"ack!" Your hands gripped the chain trying to burn it, as your mana formed into flames however the magic chain extinguished it. Leaving you defenceless, he continued to keep the chain there until your face went blue and you passed out from the lack of oxygen. That was when his men entered, armed and carrying more chains. There in dreams arms lay your unconscious body, he held you so carefully passing you to his men before wiping his cheek still covered in ash.

"get the collar, and don't hurt them...we need them. lock them away until my brother arrives" 

His men nod at their king's command, taking you away carefully. Dream looks at the other two in disgust, waving his hand in sign for his men to take them away from his sight. Dream exited the room, his cape flowing behind him as he wandered the halls he hadn't visited in decades. The halls were lined with paintings of Technos mother, her smile forever immortalized on the walls of the castle, he chuckled knocking one off the wall to fall and shatter.

He made his way to the throne room, where the rest of his brother's servants were waiting for their execution. He sat on his brother's throne, or it was his now, before looking out at the servants that lay quivering before him. He smiled.

"Now now...should I wait for my brother to witness your deaths, or just kill you because I can?" He questioned, the servants dare not answer to their king, they remembered just how cruel he was when he visited.

He'd purposefully drop food on the floor and make them eat it, He'd cut their tongues off if they spoke without being told, he was truly a wicked young prince. At that moment the servants were not as grateful to serve Techno then right now. 

"Actually I'd like to hear more about this y/n person you all chat about. You stand up and say something" 

He pointed to a male servant, who quickly stood to his feet when commanded. The servant panicked before speaking.

"They are our princess fiancé your majesty" 

"fiancé?" Dreams curled his head to the side. "but how could my little brother marry someone other then the person I picked for him" 

The way the dream spoke confused the servants, he didn't sound like someone after revenge for killing the previous king but like a relative worried for their kin..

"Oh my brother, he's forgotten he's a prince. I'll just have to remind him who he is'' 

The King let the servant sit back down, before ordering the rest of his men to take the people away. He'd had enough playing with them and was already bored, his knights took the servants away. They screamed and cried for mercy but their pleas fell on uncaring ears.

"this is all too boring...when that witch wakes up bring them back over here understand?" The knight clad in black armour nodded, walking away to go fetch you.

"now we just have to wait for my dearest little brother to return" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:1354