Chapter 19

All the children turned to look at Tommy, they all had smiles on their faces as they got up and ran towards him giving him a hug. 

"woah! Get back you gremlins!" he jokingly yelled at the kids, giving them a quick hug before they were called back by Philza to eat their dinner before playing. 

"Sorry I'm late everyone I...who's this?" 

You looked over your chair at Tommy, he had shaggy blonde hair with blue eyes, he had a tall and lanky build. He had a mischievous air and wore clothes that you wouldn't typically see downtown. He didn't look like any of the kids here. 

"Tommy!! We've been waiting for you! These are my new friends! Come meet them!" Tubbo stood up gesturing to you and Techno. 

Techno's expression was dark, you went to ask what was wrong again but he slowly turned his head around, leaning back on his chair to stare Tommy right in the face. 

"Hello, Brother" 

Tommy's eyes widened.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH" He screamed at the top of his lungs, his voice cracking as he fell back onto his butt. You looked back and forth between Techno and Tommy.

"brother?!" You exclaimed

"Brother?" Philza questioned

"brother???" Tubbo repeated. 

"y-you're supposed to be dead!" Tommy pointed at Techno who simply looked back at his food, continuing to eat. 

"dammit...I at least thought it would take a day before we were discovered" He sighed.

Tommy sat in sacred silence, maybe if he ran now he could get some guards...but then again there were almost never any guards in the lower city, Techno would surely kill him before he could get any help. 

"Please don't kill anyone here..." 

Techno sighed and without moving to look at him, spoke bitterly. 

"you're making my food taste bad...sit already" 

The sound of his words seemed to send shockwaves down Tommy's spine, he wanted to run but he couldn't leave his friends, so with wobbly legs he got up and made his way to sit down by Tubbo. 

"Hey it's okay...we're not going to hurt anyone right Techno?" 

Techno grumbled. 

"Right..."

Tommys worries didn't ease up and the table fell silent while everyone ate. You had gotten sick of the silence already, the tension was so thick it was suffocating. Before you could speak, Techno broke the silence. 

"So then...why are you here...Don't you have duties to be taking care of?" 

Techno glanced up, his red eyes burning holes into Tommys blue ones. The sudden break of silence and questions made Tommy jump. He was scared shitless, how could he not be? The most ruthless warlord sat right across the table from him. But he stood his ground, determined to not be stepped on.  

"I should ask you the same thing, why the hell aren't you dead yet prick?" 

Techno stabbed his knife into the table, Tommy's confidence deflated as he seemed to shrink in his seat before your eyes. 

"Techno stop...if we want to prove your innocence you need to not get provoked so easily." 

You took his fist in your hands, trying to quell his anger. He looked at you with guilt, Tommy couldn't believe what he was seeing. 

"innocence?! You've got to be fucking kidding me" 

"Tommy..." Philza Warned. 

"you killed Wilbur! Our brother! You're a heartless bastard that deserves to be butchered like the pig you are'' 

"TOMMY!" Philza stood up, he extended his black wings creating a small gust of wind. His voice was stern and fatherly, Tommy immediately shut his mouth, crossing his arms. 

"I'm not having you talk like that in front of the kids! We'll discuss this like adults when dinner is over. Understood?" 

Tommy fell silent, mumbling and cursing under his breath. Philza crossed his arms. 

"What was that?" 

".....understood"

"Good. Now eat" 

Tommy did as told, eating silently. Tubbo would give Tommy the occasional worried glance but Tommy didn't pay him any mind, focused on glaring at the pink haired bastard in front of him. You sighed sensing the hostility was still very present. 

"This stew is delicious Philza...I'll have to steal your recipe" 

"why thank you y/n. Remind me to give it to you later alright?" He gave you a polite smile before quickly finishing his dinner. 

"Alright kids, you know the drill!" 

Several kids that had finished began packing up the plates, utensils and leftovers. When the others had finished they quickly waddled over to help with cleaning. Tubbo took Tommy to help, leaving you, Techno and Philza alone at the table. 

"I'm very sorry for my outburst earlier Techno...I figured if you were friends with y/n you'd be okay with knowing I'm a fae" 

"I already knew...you don't hide your wings very well and several of the children are of fake birth themselves. Also Fae tend to look after abandoned children" 

"Yes well, I suppose I've grown careless in my age...I am hitting 300 soon, the people in this kingdom don't like fae born too much, so I take in all the little rascals that need a home. Human or other" 

"that's very noble" 

You blinked, this is the first time he's held a conversation with someone that wasn't scared of him. It was a strange sight, but also comforting. 

"so...it's about time we go to the drawing room to have a discussion, isn't we?" 

"I believe so..." 

You looked at Techno grabbing his hand before he left. 

"hey wait uh...maybe I should stay out here...I don't want to get in the way of your family disputes...it's not my place after all" 

Techno paused, looking at your hand in his. That was the third time today you've taken his hand, which only made it harder to ask.

"I...I think I want you to be there...with me" 

"oh..." you smiled, surprised but not disappointed. "oh! Okay! I'll come! I mean we are special buddies after all" 

Technos face fell back into his usual stoic expression. 

"Don't make me regret asking you"

You escorted Techno to the study, it was a neat nook in the corner of the building. The walls were covered in books, there was a small desk that Philza sat at and a seating/gathering area in the middle. Tubbo sat awkwardly by the table while Tommy stood in the corner facing one of the bookshelves, he seemed to be whispering something to himself but once he noticed your presence he stopped, looking over at the two of you just to glare silently. By the look on Technos disgusted face you could tell he was just as happy to be here. Tubbo gave a slight awkward wave while Philza gestured to sit. 

You thought that this would be less of a mature talk and more of a screaming match between children. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:1143