Chapter 33

"psst, hey I need your help" 

You poke your head into the kids playroom, catching their attention with a whisper and smile. Curiously they stand to check out or ask what was happening. A few walked out, already keen to help you with whatever you needed. 

"hello y/n! What's wrong?"

"Do you guys wanna play hide and seek?" You ask sweetly. Their eyes sparkle with excitement at the opportunity to play a fun game, nodding furiously.

"okay come close and I'll tell you how to play" 

You had gathered all the children together to help you, they stood close in a team circle waiting to hear what you had to say. 

"So Mr pink man wants to play hide and seek...do you guys wanna help me find him and catch him?" 

"Really?!", "I wanna help", "Me too!. 

"Now he's very good at hiding and running, so you'll have to work together to help me trap him okay?" 

They nod at your words, a serious look in their eye as the cogs in their little brain turn to think of plans. The sight is just adorable.

"Okay! ready? Three! Two! One!" 

At your words the children scurry in different directions, some extend their wings and fly off while some race off like wild animals. You can hear maids and butlers yelp as they desperately try to leap out of the way from the stampede of happy children. You can't help but laugh and smile at how much they cheer you up, even when they too are hurting. 

"What's going on here then?" Philzas voice speaks up from behind you, his voice lightly full of amusement at the sudden chaos. 

"Oh the kids are helping me trap Techno...if he's gonna play dirty so will I"

"don't you think it's a little too unfair? I mean 15 Kids against one...."

"That just means it'll be quicker" You reassure him, he shakes his head in disappointment from your response. 

"well good luck-"

"I GOT HIM!" a child yells out from down the hall, making a few others scream and run towards where the sudden alert had come from. 

"speak of the pink devil!" You rush off leaving Philza to stand there in bewilderment. When you finally reach where the kids have cornered him a few of the smaller ones are trying their best to wrangle the pink haired menace.

"gotcha!" a girl yells out, running towards Techno with arms outstretched. She tries to latch to his leg but he dodges her, never even looking up from his letter. A few others try to capture the man in vain, he slips past their attempts with quick movements as if he were ballroom dancing. 

You couldn't help but let out a giggle from the scene, your laugh temporarily distracting him from his letter as his eyes drifted to your joyous face. The distraction was enough for the kids to finally work as a team, they took their chance, wrapping their arms around his legs acting like an anchor. He almost fell over, composing himself once again to look down at the children's smiling faces in defeat. 

"What is this exactly?" His voice was stoic as usual with a hint of amusement and annoyance. "I don't have time to play right now" He awkwardly petted one of the kids' heads, trying to convince them to let go. 

"nope! We win! Right y/n?" 

Techno looked back up as you wiped your eyes from how hard you had just laughed.