Chapter 45

The carriage soon pulled up to the steps of the palace, servants dressed in white uniforms bowed for their king's return. They were perfectly still and respectful, careful not to move as if they were for mere decoration. Dream exited first, standing beside the door waiting for the two of you, Techno was second, holding his hand for you to take. The moment you both stood in front of the servants they cheered and clapped for their Prince who had finally returned to them, Techno didn't care for the fanfare. Dream gave a welcoming smile one might do for pleasantries only. 

"Well? Let's get you settled in'' Dream walked ahead, pushing his way past the gilded doors. You had no choice but to follow behind techno who whispered to you, sensing your discomfort. 

"I'll protect you..." He promised, he always promised things like that but you weren't worried about yourself. Dream led you to a bedroom near the top floor, ushering the two of you inside with a smile. 

"we're here! This is yours" You walked into the room, looking around, it was bigger than your room in Technos palace and was decorated in lavish furniture and treasures. As you admire the architecture you noticed maids lined against the wall smiling at you, it was creepy. Then snapping your attention away you heard the door shut and click behind you, your eyes widened when you realised that Dream had just locked you in here. 

Techno tried to open the door but it stayed shut, Dream moved him away from the doorknob. "ah ah ah, no peeking" He smiled pointing down the hall. "They'll be ready soon, let's just go chat in your room for a moment" Dream walked off while you hit the door. 

"Techno?? Techno are you okay?" 

"yes' ' He spoke through the door, trying the knob again but it wouldn't budge. "Listen...I'm going to leave you alone for a little bit, but I'll come back" 

"O-okay...please" You looked behind you at the maids that haven't even moved an inch. "please just come back soon" You sighed as you heard his footsteps fade away down the hall, you'd been thrown to the wolves. One the maids moved forward, bowing her head and held her unwavering smile. 

"Your Grace, let's prepare you for your lessons" 

"l-lessons?" You repeatedly confused, they simply grabbed your arms dragging you into another room. One of the maids began to strip you, while another readied the bath. They had a built-in tub and water stone for hot water, they treated you as if you were royalty, but they never spoke unless spoken to. 

"o-ow" You winced as your cold skin touched the hot water, it took a moment before it felt comfortable. 

"Is the water too hot, your majesty?" 

"no its fine...but please stop calling me your majesty" 

"Oh don't be silly your majesty" she tilted her head, beginning to bathe and scrub the grime off of you. You could never get used to being bathed like this, it felt as if you were a toddler but they would always force you. Eventually you eased into your situation, the servants treated you like you were made of porcelain not to mention they'd ask every two minutes if things were okay. You'd be lying when you say this isn't nice, they dressed you in fine clothing meant for nobles. You had to twirl in the mirror so you could get a good look at the outfit, it was tailored to your exact measurements which freaked you out a little. 

"lets be on our way your majesty" 

The head maid pulled out a key around her neck and unlocked the door, while the others escorted you out to your new destination. It was a dance hall draped in marble and gold decor, light shone in from the windows and chandeliers lit the darker corners. 

"ah you're here!" A cheerful man called from the back of the hall, he twirled his moustache and clicked his heels together. He had a noble air to him and next to the man stood a familiar face, Tommy. The blonde prince sat in the corner with an annoyed face, clearly not happy to be attending these "lessons''. 

"I assume you're a novice?" He asked as you approached, the moment you got close he took your hand to kiss it, a formal greeting between those of higher status. It spooked you a little. 

"u-uh...novice at what exactly?" You sheepishly asked, admitting you had no idea what was happening.

"Dancing" Tommy answered in a grumpy voice, glancing up at you for a split second. The instructor butt in. 

"Ballroom dancing, Prince Thomas." Tommy rolled his eyes in response, You nodded your head finally understanding what was happening. 

"I don't know anything about dancing" You admit with an embarrassed grin, Tommy scoffed. 

"Of course you don't...why do I have to do this?! I went to the same lessons as my brothers!" 

"That's because you didn't actually go to those lessons did you? You slept in" 

Tommy groaned, making you chuckle a little. It relieved you that someone was still acting sane in this weird palace, then bowed to you, extending his hand. 

"May I have this dance?" He asked politely, glancing slightly at Tommy to see if he was paying attention. 

"I guess so" You answered, taking his hand. As soon as you did the instructor escorted you to the middle of the room, he glided so gracefully while you tried clumsily to keep up with his long legs. The teacher instructed where to put your feet, standing up straight, holding your arms up when you dance and all the basics. You tried your best to follow along, eventually getting it after much trial and error, it was strange to be doing something like this right after everything that happened. It felt like a dream...

When you were done dancing your maids clapped for you, saying you did a good job. The instructor bowed once again to you. 

"Thank you, your majesty" He smiled, turning to the prince once again. "Were you paying attention, young prince?" 

Tommy let out a loud snore as he lay upright and asleep, the teacher sighed in annoyance walking back over to his student.

"you may go y/n, I'm sure The King is looking for you" 

"o-oh...right" just as you were starting to enjoy the lessons you had to leave again, the maids left with you, taking you to another room across the hall. It was an office this time, on the desk in the middle sat Dream writing with a serious face. The maids let you in before closing the door, that's when you realised you didn't know how to address him. 

"Your...majesty?" You spoke timidly, he looked up at you, his face covered by a new mask. 

"Oh good. You're here" He spoke, standing and walking closer to you. "How were your lessons? You'll be getting more from now on" He walked to a set of seats in the middle of the office. "sit" He ordered, you did so, awkwardly hugging the end of the couch to make yourself as small as possible. Dream sat in front of you silently looking at you. 

"I'll get right to the point. You're going to act as a good little fiancé while my brother kills some very important people for me" He spoke calmly while pouring himself a cup of tea. "I need my brother to perform his duties properly, he's the only one that can do it after all..." He sipped on his tea, sighing at the warm taste. "you'll be safe here of course, your still useful to me after all" 

"And when I'm not useful?" You asked, crossing your arms. He put his cup down to look at you through his mask, you could feel his stare.

"Then I'll throw you away...just like Wilbur"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:1331