Chapter 32

You followed Philza out to the field, behind the palace wall was a training ground filled with soldiers sparring and exercising. Some watched as you passed into the dark woods that lay just outside the border of the training area.

"y/n!!" A familiar dragon fly winged girl came bouncing to your side, hugging your leg with a quick squeeze. She looked up at you, a twinkle in her green eyes as she spoke. "are you gonna practice with us"

"Miyra, give er some space please"

"It's okay" You reassure the panicky father, "I haven't had any time to catch up with you guys" You picked up the girl, making some more of the fae younglings come to your side with glee. "How are you all"

"Good! We've gotten to eat such good food here! And look at how pretty my dress is! Oh and I don't have to hide my wings anymore!" She rambled on, her wings flapping with excitement, the other children went on to talk about their experiences, overwhelming you with attention.

"okay! Okay! Enough you rascals! Get to practicing!"

"yes...Mr Philza", "Yes dad", "Okay sir" The crowd of children began to disperse, except little Miyra who stayed perched on your arm happily chatting away.

"Mr Pink man is very nice, he gave us all these cool new toys!"

"He did? Like what?" You questioned, not too bothered by her presence.

"Well I got this really pretty doll! She has blue hair and a really pretty face! Kinda like you!" she exclaimed so casually.

"what?!" You laughed at her comment. "aw thank you but I really don't think I'm all that pretty"

"No, you're definitely pretty! That's why Mr Pink man is gonna marry you right?"

"huh?! Techno?! No-uh...well I don't thin-"

"Can I be a flower girl?" She ignored your protests and asked with sparkling eyes. You sighed in defeat.

"Sure thing...but only if you finish your practice" You booped her nose, the promise of her being flower girl seemed to have broken her little mind. You swore you could see fireworks go off as her thoughts raved about dressing up and attending a real wedding.

"Thank you" She whispers before zipping away to practice her magic. huh.

"planning a wedding already? I thought you were rocky right now"

"Oh please, you saw her little face! How could you say no??"

"I'm their Guardian...it's my whole job to say no." He spoke sarcastically, "But you'll understand what it means to be a parent one day...I'm very sure" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. You lightly punched his arm telling him to stop with the suggestiveness.

"alright! alright!" He laughs, rubbing his arm. "Let's just start already" . He outstretched his hands, his palms beginning to fill with a white cloud-like aura that spins around his fingers so well. "Since you're a bit older than who I usually teach, we'll do something harder. This is Mana manipulation, it's a harmless kind of magic where you can change the form and movement of your mana. Observe '' He snapped his fingers and the white cloud turned into a puffy white bird, it flew around his head and arm before landing on the top of your head. You giggled at how soft it was, it tickled you.

"incredible! It's so cute!"

"That's not all it can do" He calls the bird back over, it flies back into his hand where he then whispers to it. You blink in confusion not hearing what he was saying, suddenly the bird comes back, flying in front of your face before speaking.

"Hello Y/N!" It speaks in Philzas voice, your eyes widened in surprise.

"It spoke!"

"their messengers after all! Mine happens to be a bird...for obvious reasons"

"So what will mine be?" You question, watching the bird fly back to Philza before disappearing into a cloud. He shrugged.

"No Idea, why don't you give it a try?" He urges you to take a turn, you nod, closing your eyes to focus. In your palms you feel a familiar sensation, you open your eyes to see the warm flame bursts forth it rages quietly in your hands.

"Very good! Now try to move it!"

Your eyebrows furrow, almost breaking a sweat. The flame dances left and right as if wind is moving it, you try harder clenching your teeth gently. The flame dies down, shrinking and shrinking until it's so tiny in your palm. Philza sighs, thinking you had failed.

"let's try again-"

Suddenly two long purple ears perk up from the base of your palm, it hops up to look around. A purple Rabbit, It jumps up higher, as if walking on air and begins to prance around you happily.

"Wow...You really did it" Philza comments, stunned in place. You smile and laugh as it tickles your face while running past excitedly.

"It's a rabbit! Look Philza!"

"I can really see! Good work!"

Riiiiiiing

A loud bell tolls out from the top of a tower, its sound scares the small magical beast making it disappear into smoke. It ringa 9 times before it stops indicating it was 9 in the morning. Knights began to stop training, heading inside to eat breakfast.

"Looks like it's time to eat"

"It's already that time?" You spoke, disappointed that you couldn't train more but happy you would get to see Techno, Or at least that's what you thought.

Even at the breakfast table, while everyone ate and chatted, Techno worked. Only stopping to sip from his glass or adjust his specs. You leaned on the palm of your hand annoyed that he wouldn't even say hi. You angrily poked at your food hoping he would notice your sour mood, he glanced at you.

"how was training?" He finally spoke.

"It was good! I learnt this new trick if you want to see it later"

He sighed, "I can't...I have too much work, there's a lot to be done now that I'm back."

"oh...well I could help you" You offer.

"No" He says firmly, standing up to go back to his office. He hadn't even eaten breakfast yet, that was it. You knew something was up and he didn't want to talk about it, but you were partners and maybe even a little more there was no way you could ignore what was so painstakingly obvious.

For the rest of the day you were on a mission, trying to run into him accidentally to talk things out. But there was just one problem, he was very good at avoiding you. Almost as if he was a mind reader, whenever you had thought you'd cornered him he had disappeared. You saw him enter the Library so you followed, gone, You saw him enter his office with no other exits, gone!, You saw the man just turn the corner but still he'd disappeared somehow!

"dammit! Come back here!" You yelled into the air, catching passing maids off guard who quickly ran to get away from your wrath.

Enough was Enough in order to catch the pink haired menace...You would need help.

~~~~~~~~~~~

!!!
"Was it just me or was he avoiding us?" Philza questioned, scratching the top of his head puzzled.

"I don't know" You said, you would be lying if you said it didn't hurt that he rejected you so coldly. Perhaps your previous reluctance to go further had put a dent into your relationship. You sighed, maybe you were just overreacting and he really was busy.

"let's go before those kids get into trouble"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words:1298