12

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, which is why we call it the present.

Natasha had woken up early the next morning.

Earlier than she usually does anyway. She just had the feeling-

She couldn't even really explain it. It's weird, almost disturbing and she can't place it.
Nat made her way to the kitchen only to find that Steve, Sam, and Bucky were already sitting there. Nat guessed that they had just come back from a run due to the amount of sweat and heavy breathing (coming from Sam).

She bid them good morning before rummaging through the fridge. A frantic shuffling behind her caused her to turn around curiously.

Peter had run into the room, backpack swinging wildly on his back, a distressed look on his face.

"Peter? Everything okay?" Asked Steve.

"Yeah I just-" He started throwing different foods into his lunchbox "-I'm late," he said as he threw an unwashed apple into his bag.

"School doesn't start for another two hours," said Bucky, glancing at the clock on the wall.

"Right.... Right..." Peter barely paid attention to them as he opened the cabinets and dug through them, looking for more food.

"Peter," Natasha said pointedly.

Peter sighed and turned around to face her, his eyes screwed tight as if he knew he was in trouble.

"Why are you so early?" Asked Natasha. It was weird for Peter to be awake at this time. Like the twins, he usually slept in. One of the Avengers would always have to wake him up just so that he wouldn't be late for school.

"I just... got a thing," He said quietly but everyone in the room could still hear him.

"What kinda thing?" Asked Sam, who was now also intrigued.

"Just... a thing..." Peter grabbed a random piece of bread off the counter and practically sprinted out of the room, almost knocking right into Savannah as she was walking into the kitchen.

"Morning Sav" he shouted behind him as he ran down the hallways. Savannah shrugged and walked to the fridge.

"What's up with him?" Asked Steve.

"He's got a date," said Savannah casually as she grabbed some yogurt and a spoon.

Nobody commented on the newfound information although many eyebrows were raised. Savannah sat down at the table next to Bucky.

"I didn't know you liked to wake up this early," he said.

Savannah shrugged, "Light sleeper" she mumbled.

In reality, Jasper had been barking happily all morning, begging her to play with him. She had finally gotten him to calm down and fall asleep. She was scared that she would wake him up so she left the room and came to the kitchen.

"Savannah, we've actually been meaning to talk to you," said Natasha.

Savannah didn't like the sound of that...

"Alright..." she said, taking a spoon of yogurt into her mouth.

Natasha motioned for Steve and Sam to leave the room. They did after seeing the look on her face. Savannah was thinking of a million different things that Natasha and Bucky would want to talk to her about.