46

Home, the place where I can go, to take this off my shoulders. Someone take me home.

"Pst, Princess"

"Savannah???"

"Oh screw this"

Savannah's eyes snapped open as she felt a sharp sting at the side of her face.

Rumlow retracted his hand and stepped back.

Slapping a Hydra champion probably wasn't the best idea but for a second there he'd literally been worried that she was dead or something.

She blinked a few times before looking up at him.

He stared at her, unsure of what had happened to her or how she would react after being asleep for so long.

The cut he had watched them make above her right eyebrow was faded and all that was left was a small, almost unnoticeable scar.

Still, he had no idea why it was even there in the first place.

The doctors had taken her out of the cryosleep chamber she'd been occupying for the past month and placed her on a hospital bed, keeping her sedated until Rumlow decided to take out the tubes in her arm and wake her up to see what had happened.

She glanced around the room, taking in her surroundings before casually sitting up and pulling her legs off the bed.

Rumlow wasn't sure if she was injured but he didn't say anything as she stood up and stretched out her arms.

He had a bad feeling about this.

"Princess?" he asked, watching her closely.

She glanced at him before walking straight for the door.

He paused for a moment, unsure of what she was doing before deciding to follow her.

She walked down the separate halls, the agents stared at her as she walked.

They hadn't seen their leader in over a month. Pierce had been giving orders, stating that Savannah was on a very important mission and she'd put him in charge for the time being.

She ignored the stares and continued walking quickly and calmly down the halls with Rumlow walking cautiously behind her.

She stopped outside Pierce's office, which was technically her office now but Rumlow was unsure of the current situation since it seemed like Pierce had imprisoned her for the past few weeks.

Rumlow of course hadn't asked Pierce about the Savannah situation in the past month, worried that Pierce wouldn't want to talk about it but it didn't make sense to him.

Why would he have Princess kill the other champions just to lock her up for a month?
She must've done something to him to make him angry or something.

He wasn't even sure.

She knocked on the door twice before opening in and walking in, Rumlow debated following after her but his curiosity got the better of him and he walked in as well, closing the door behind himself.

Pierce looked up from the files he had been reading and grinned when he saw who it was.

"Princess, you're not supposed to be up yet, you're supposed to be resting," he told her.