20

Cause everybody needs somebody.

Even the devil needs a friend.

Josh and Ryan's bodies were found while she was out on her mission meaning no fingers were pointed at her. Pierce shrugged off their deaths as a "fight ended badly."

Savannah had taken a shower and thrown away the bloody clothes. She was now sitting on her bed in the champions living quarters, sharpening her swords. She hadn't used them in a few days, she'd have to take them on the next mission.

Savannah completed her mission and Pierce had given her the rest of the day off. This was a good thing because Savannah would've had dodge training today and she was glad that was canceled, but it was also a bad thing because it gave her nothing to do but think. There was a simple thought lingering in the back of her mind that she just couldn't seem to shake.

Today was the Avenger's Halloween party.

She had been invited to go.

Should she go? 

Absolutely not.

Would she go? 

No....yes...maybe?

Savannah knew she shouldn't, it was against her own better interest... kinda. Part of her did want to see Peter and Morgan and Wanda. They hadn't done anything bad to her, not that the others had. She still had the file on which Avenger killed her parents, but Wanda and Peter weren't even on the team at that time so she really had nothing against them.

Savannah had been close to opening the file. Since she was no longer living with the Avengers, it didn't matter if she hated one of them right?

But she didn't open it.

Maybe it's because she didn't want to hate them? Maybe it's because she was just lazy? Savannah didn't know.

The bathroom door opened and Rebel walked out. Rebel was the champion for their base in France. He had completed his missions for the week and was staying at the Russian base to train with Savannah.

Savannah had obviously showered first and since the other two showers were being used, Rebel had to wait for her to be done. He walked out in nothing but a towel around his waist, his floppy dark brown hair going in every direction.

Savannah wasn't going to lie, he was probably the most attractive champion out of all the boys. He was tall, tan, green eyes, strong, funny, basically the whole package. Except for the fact that he was Hydra of course, but then again, so was Savannah. Pierce had actually mentioned once that Savannah should marry one of the champions in the future, keeping it within Hydra. But Savannah didn't like the idea of dating, especially one of the champions. She was so close with all of them that it would just feel weird.

Savannah rolled her eyes and threw a hoodie at him. It hit him in the chest and he raised an eyebrow at her before putting it on.

He plopped down on her bed out of the twelve open beds. Savannah frowned and pushed him with her feet. He rolled so that he was on his back facing the ceiling with his hands behind his head.

"Just you and me today Princess?" He asked

"Seems so," said Savannah, using a piece of cloth to wipe her swords clean.