57

I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go. 

"Well there's definitely something there"

"Do we know what it is?"

"Not sure, we'll have to run some more tests"

"When do you think she'll wake up?"

Savannah felt numb.

Numb in the sense that she couldn't feel or move her body.

This was awkward.

She'd been caught.

She'd been compromised.

She had to get back to Hydra, Pierce had to tell her what to do. He'd never mentioned what she was supposed to do in the case that she was caught, all he told her was not to get caught.

But here she was.

Savannah opened her eyes slowly, she wasn't able to move her arm so she wasn't able to shield her eyes from the blinding light they were met with.

The light dimmed down after a minute and Savannah recognized this room as the medbay in the Avengers Tower.

Oh great.

"Looks like sleeping beauty's finally up" a voice she knew to belong to none other than the one and only Tony Stark said from somewhere behind her.

A second later he was in view, looking down at her, a bag of goldfish in his hand.

"Want some?" he offered.

Savannah just raised her eyebrows at him.

"Gotta hand it to you kid, I mean blowing up a building full of people and then a car that wasn't even yours on the same day, that's harsh," he said, throwing a few goldfish up and catching them in his mouth.

Savannah didn't respond, she just lay her head back and looked up at the ceiling.

"It's not really you is it?" he asked, leaning over to look her dead in the eye.

Savannah brought her head up and head bumped him, causing him to stumble backward.

"Well, I guess that answers my question" he muttered, rubbing his forehead.

"We'll get you back kiddo, don't you worry" he added before walking out of the room, muttering something about ice.

A few minutes later, the door opened again to reveal Natasha walking in with Bruce.

She whispered something to Bruce, something Savannah couldn't hear, before walking towards her while Bruce walked over to the lab table and started looking through some files.

"How are you feeling?" Natasha asked, Savannah stayed quiet.

"Yeah, I'd probably feel that way too if I killed two hundred innocent people in one night."

Two hundred?

Had it really been that many?

"We did an X-ray scan, we know there's something there" Natasha brought her hand out and poked at the faint scar right above Savannah's eyebrow.

You wouldn't be able to see it if you weren't right in front of her.

"We just need to know what it is," said Natasha, Savannah still stayed quiet.