51

I'll pick up these broken pieces till I'm bleeding if that'll make it right.

Per usual, Savannah ignored at least twenty pairs of eyes that watched her as she walked into the base.

A few agents who were higher up in the ranks, meaning that they had wealthy families, nodded at her trying to show the other agents that they were cool, but Savannah ignored them too.

As she walked past the training room, Rumlow walked out from where he was training some of the younger agents and walked by her side as she walked toward where she knew Pierce to be.

He still had no idea what had gone on between Savannah and Pierce and why he all of a sudden went from treating her as his favorite to chaining her up in a sleeping chamber to sending her out on missions again even though she was the leader.

He didn't bother asking, knowing he wouldn't get an answer so he just kept his head down and did as he was told.

He hadn't seen Savannah since she had almost killed him after he woke her from her sleep. Apparently, she'd been in New York the whole time and he could only guess what she was doing there.

He knew she hadn't been at the American Hydra base this whole time so why had she been in New York?

He had no idea.

He also wasn't sure why Pierce was still giving orders around in Hydra.

Wasn't that Savannah's job now?

This whole situation was very confusing to him.

"Evening Princess" he greeted after a minute of silence as they just continued walking.

She glanced over at him but didn't respond which was odd, Savannah was usually never one to pass up the chance to throw an insult or sarcastic comment at him.

Once they reached what was technically Savannah's office but was still being used by Alexander Pierce, Savannah pushed the door open and walked in but Rumlow walked the other way, not wanting to repeat what happened last time when both he and Savannah had been in that room with Pierce.

"Ah Princess, I've been waiting for you to show up" Pierce greeted as soon as she walked in.

Savannah nodded at him and sat down in the chair across from him.

"I suppose you have something for me?" he guessed.

Savannah didn't respond but took the flash drive out of her pocket and slid it across the table toward him.

He picked it up and examined it before inserting it into his computer. The screen immediately turned a bright red color before changing again to a screen that Savannah couldn't see but by the look on Pierce's face, it was good stuff.

He was wearing an evil grin, his eyes bright as if all his prayers had just been answered.

He turned the computer around so that Savannah could see what the screen displayed.

Sure enough, nuclear launch codes, government files, SHIELD files, and more things that most definitely should not be there.

The only thing that Pierce needed was the passcode to use all the launch codes and open all the files.