17

Don't try to fix me. I am not a toy, I am a weapon.

Savannah squinted her closed eyes and rolled to her side. After a few seconds she let her eyes flutter open. She was still in bed, still wearing the silk pajamas, Wanda was still asleep. Savannah sat up and rubbed her eyes. The time on the alarm clock showed that it was noon. Savannah had never in her life slept this late. It felt nice though, this was the most sleep she had probably ever gotten in her life.

"Look who's awake"

Savannah turned her head to look at Pietro who was sitting in the bean bag, petting Jasper who was lying in his lap.

She could see Peter's sleeping figure sprawled out on the couch.

"How long have you been awake?" asked Savannah as she threw the covers off her feet.

"Not long, I didn't want to wake Wanda, she hasn't slept properly in a while" he whispered.

Savannah nodded and turned her attention to Peter, they probably shouldn't have let him finish the wine from their cups but he had wanted some, and who was Savannah to refuse him.

"They'll be sleeping for a while" said Pietro who had followed her gaze, "I think they're both lightweights" he shook his head.

Savannah raised an eyebrow, "not you?"

"Can't get drunk, fast metabolism" he explained.

Savannah stood up and stretched. She also had a hard time getting drunk, she guessed it had something to do with the super-soldier serum or something, Bucky had tried to explain it but Savannah hadn't really been paying attention at the time.

Savannah looked around and realized what had actually happened, was this what people meant when they said sleepover?

It wasn't that bad.

Tiger had explained it as something that was horrible and boring, maybe he just had a bad experience.

But Savannah had a job to do, time to get back to that.

"It's different" she started, thinking of a way to get the topic on Hydra. "Being here," she added.
Pietro tilted his head to the side, asking her to continue.

"At Hydra, there's always something that needs to be done, training, missions, always something. Here, you just do whatever you want."

Pietro chuckled, "not bad though, I think it's better than what Hydra was like."

Savannah then realized that Pietro had also been at Hydra for some time when he got his powers. Savannah had heard of the twins who got their powers from the mind stone. That was about a year ago, Savannah had been fifteen at the time. She had heard about the whole Ultron thing, Savannah had been in Europe at the time, she had gotten to see the destruction first hand. It seemed horrible.

"Speaking of Hydra" Pietro brought her out of her thoughts. "Why haven't they come to get you again?" 

"Probably think I'm dead or something" She brushed off. Pietro still looked confused but didn't comment again. Instead, he stood up and brushed himself off. Jasper jumped off his lap and raced to Savannah who had also gotten up.

"We should get them something for when they wake up" Pietro motioned to the sleeping Wanda and Peter. Savannah nodded and they both quietly walked out of the room.