60

May God have mercy on my enemies... cause I won't. 

Nat chuckled as Tony spilled some coffee on himself. 

The Avengers had been up for hours going over plans and files, waiting for some news of Savannah.

Natasha was trying to look at the bright side, which was hard since she couldn't seem to find a bright side about her daughter being mind-controlled by Alexander Pierce.

Bucky remained very silent, no doubt stuck in his thoughts and memories, he glanced up every time somebody talked too loudly and flinched when Sam accidentally dropped a coffee cup and it shattered.

Nat had no idea what to say to him. Only Steve had tried talking to him and from the looks of it, it hadn't gone well because a few seconds later, Steve walked away, sending Natasha a concerned look and shaking his head.

Wanda, Pietro, and Peter were currently in the med bay with Savannah.
Nat had agreed to let them see her while the older Avengers took a break for some coffee and food.

She was about to suggest that they go check on Savannah when the elevator door opened and the three youngest Avengers walked in.

"How is she?" asked Nat as soon as they stepped foot out of the elevator.

Peter glanced at Wanda and Wanda glanced at Pietro before both Wanda and Pietro looked at Peter, obviously expecting him to be the one to answer.

Peter gulped and avoided eye contact with Natasha.

"How's who?" he asked nervously and Wanda mentally slapped herself.

Nat frowned and cleared her throat, "Savannah, my daughter, the one that was controlled by Hydra, the one that just had brain surgery, the one you were supposed to be watching" she said in a pointed voice, slowly standing up from her spot on the couch.

Now all the other Avengers had stopped what they were doing and we're watching the conversation go down.

It was obvious that Peter was hiding something, anyone could see it.

Peter brought a hand up to rub the back of his neck and swallowed again.

"Savannah? You mean like our Savannah?" he asked awkwardly.

Nat began walking toward him and Peter's eyes widened.

"How is she, Peter?" Nat repeated in a dangerous tone.

"She's umm" Peter glanced back at Wanda and Pietro, both had walked away from the situation toward the kitchen, leaving Peter by himself. "She's good, really good, amazing even" Peter smiled sheepishly.

Nat raised an eyebrow and before Peter could do anything to stop her, she walked right past him into the elevator, Bucky following close behind along with Steve and Tony.

Peter rushed in after them, sweat dripping from his face.

Nat rushed into the medical room, everyone rushing in after her.

She froze at the foot of the empty hospital bed.

"Peter, where is she?" Nat asked, her voice too calm to be real.

Peter's eyes widened and he looked to Tony for help.

"Where is she?" asked Tony, also in a serious tone.

Peter could understand why they were upset that she was leaving before she was fully healed but it seemed like they were more worried than upset, not only about her health.