30

Living like we're renegades.

Savannah hasn't slept in six days.

Not that she hasn't tried. She'd just lay aimlessly either on the bed, on the floor, on the window ledge, nothing seems to work.

She even tried taking some sleeping pills, not that it did any good considering the serum in her body made it hard for the pill to work.

After about four days, she just gave up on sleep. She'd get a maximum of two hours of sleep per day which wasn't the best considering she had the fight of her life in less than 24 hours.

Savannah was currently sitting on the couch in the living room of the Avengers tower. She had her head in her hands with the sound of the television playing in the background.

She was thinking... again.

Savannah hated the amount of thinking she had done in the past month. It wasn't like her to just sit and think but to be honest, Savannah didn't even know what was like her anymore.

She had a plan to get both her and Gold to live to see another week, it wasn't the best plan, there was a very good chance everything would go wrong, but it was the best they could come up with so it would have to do.

The Avengers had offered to just come in and storm the place before anything could go down. But Savannah knew that it was no use. Every leader would be there meaning they would each bring their own protection. Along with the protection of the Hydra agents and the champions. It would turn into a bloodbath before the Avengers could even get past the front door.

A small weight on the couch alerted Savannah that somebody had decided to sit next to her.

Peeking out from her hands, she noticed brown curly hair and a blue school hoodie.

"Hey Savannah," he said happily, taking the remote from the table and flipping through the different channels.

"Hey Peter" she responded tiredly.

If Peter noticed the slight edge to her voice from the stress and lack of sleep, he didn't comment on it. Instead, he stretched out his arms before leaning his back against her shoulder and relaxing.

This wasn't the first time he'd watched a movie like this. The first time he had leaned on her, Savannah spent the entire movie sending him weird looks. But she'd gotten used to it by now, it was rather comforting in a way that he was trusting her enough to lean against her.

Savannah removed her head from her hands and leaned back against the couch, letting Peter's head fall into her lap. She made an effort to move his head, having no motivation to do anything at the moment. She just let her eyes fall onto whatever movie Peter picked, not really watching it, not really paying attention either.

After a few minutes, her eyes grew tired. Savannah leaned her head back and let them close, maybe she'd finally get some sleep?

Here's to hoping.

"And don't even lie man, I totally nailed you on that last hit"

Savannah's eyes shot open.

She blinked a few times before remembering where she was and what she was doing.

She was still laying on the Avengers couch with Peter's head in her lap. He had also dozed off and was peacefully asleep without a care in the world. Savannah was a light sleeper however which didn't come in her favor as Sam, Steve, and Bucky entered the room after their daily training.