25

When people ask what I do. I say whatever it takes.

"Savannah, you're back early"

Savannah had just walked into the Avengers living room to find that the Avengers were having dinner.

She nodded, not having the energy to respond. She slumped down onto the chair and a blank expression and stared down at her plate.

"Are you hungry?" Asked Sam who was sitting next to her.

Savannah didn't move, she just kept staring at her plate, somehow hoping that it would come to life and trade spots with her.

Sam glanced at Bucky who shrugged.

"How was Germany?" asked Natasha.

Savannah shrugged.

Bucky glanced at Natasha who glanced back at him. Both of them had no idea what to do to help.

"What happened?" asked Peter who had glanced at everyone before deciding he should help.

"Nothing much" she muttered

"No?" asked Tony who could also tell that something wasn't right.

Savannah shook her head slowly.

She wanted to tell them, in all honesty, they were the only people that she could tell so the other champions wouldn't find out. But then she would have to tell them about the champions.

She'd have to keep it to herself.

Savannah bit the inside of her cheek nervously as her eyes avoided anyone else's.

She was pretty glad when everyone else seemed to drop the topic and go back to whatever they were talking about previously. Savannah didn't bother listening to whatever was being said, she couldn't. She hadn't even started training for the fight yet but all she could see when she looked down at her hands was the blood of her friends.

If she won that fight-

It would be more like losing.

But if she lost that fight-

Well, that would definitely be losing.

She could choose not to fight, to disobey Pierce's orders. But Pierce had been right, this was her legacy, this was everything she had grown up to do.

This was it for her.

Did she have the power to kill the closest thing she'd ever had to siblings and become the next leader of the world's biggest criminal organization?

Absolutely.

Did she want to?

...

Well, Savannah had always wanted to be a leader, all of the champions had. It was what they dreamed about when others told them to have "sweet dreams."

It was what they fought for when others asked why they would be part of a place like this.

Just for the chance, the hope, that one day-

One day, everyone would kneel down to them.

Savannah had always wanted that.

But everything came with a price...

And she wasn't sure she could be the one to pay for it.

----------------------