70

All these voices in my head get loud, I wish that I could shut them out. 

Savannah landed the jet in front of the Avenger's Tower and all the agents on board thanked them before going out to meet some other Shield agents that were waiting there to help them.

Savannah knew that the other Avengers were inside, waiting for them to explain what they'd been in a different country in a Hydra base for.

Savannah didn't feel like explaining, she wanted to run the tests she'd promised Pietro she'd do and then go to sleep.

Pietro seemed to be thinking the exact same thing since he pulled the hood over Savannah's head to cover the veins on her neck that he knew she didn't want the agents outside to see.

He then led her out of the jet and into the tower. Savannah immediately shivered at the cold air inside the tower and Pietro slid his arm around her shoulders.

Pietro led her into the elevator, she didn't even fight it, she was only slightly starting to regret coming with Pietro on that mission since now, every muscle in her body was sore.

Savannah was a super soldier, she wasn't used to being sore.

It felt like her muscles were dying, which now that she thought about it, they probably were.

To Savannah's surprise, nobody was in the labs when they got there. All the Avengers were probably waiting for them in the kitchen or the living room. Savannah took out the antidote she'd placed in the pocket of Pietro's hoodie on the way back to the tower and placed it on the lab counter.

Her plan was to take a bit of her blood and put it in a vial, then to add some of what she thought was the antidote and mix it in with her blood, then wait to see if the antidote could cure the poison which was located in her bloodstream.

Pietro agreed with her plan, and neither of them had any better ideas, so they got to work.

Savannah took an empty syringe from a cabinet and pulled out some blood from her left arm.

She then mixed some of the antidote into the vial as well.

Savannah set the vial under a special lamp that Stark had so that the blood would stay the same temperature as it would in her body.

Now they just had to wait. 

Pietro didn't like that part.

Before he could say anything like "I told you we should've done this earlier," she started by saying, "a few hours won't change anything, I don't mind waiting."

She could tell by his face he didn't like the idea of Savannah just walking around with poison in her body, he'd been complaining about it more than she was, and she was the one dying.

What he did do, however, was rest his chin on the top of her head and play with her fingers.

"You can't die Savannah, you just can't."

He'd said this before, but Savannah hadn't gotten tired of hearing it.

She was almost mad at herself for getting a warm feeling in her chest at the fact that he didn't want her to die.

Of course, he didn't want her to die, she knew none of the Avengers wanted her dead.

But Hydra had also seen the possibility of death as inevitable, bound to happen to all the champions sooner or later.