64

All we wanted, was a place to feel, like home.

Silence.

Complete silence.

That's what was on the flight back to New York.

Nobody talked, nobody questioned anything, nobody mentioned the scene they'd all just witnessed.

Savannah sat in the back of the jet, harshly scrubbing dried blood off her hands.

She was angry, she was frustrated, she wouldn't admit it to anyone, not even herself, but she felt... sad.

She hated Pierce, despised him with every bone in her body.

But...

He'd given her a dagger with a rose on it for her birthday once.

He'd taken her to Paris once.

He'd raised her once.

But she hated him, he was better off dead.

Savannah hated him.

She rubbed angrily against her skin, angry with herself for remembering times when Pierce wasn't a complete asshole, those times were limited.

Her skin began turning red at how hard she was rubbing it.

The blood wasn't coming off.

Why wasn't the blood coming off?!

Savannah's skin was itchy.

Why was it itching?!
It was hot.

Why was it so goddamn hot in this freaking jet?!

Savannah's breathing became unsteady as she dropped the towel and began itching at her skin.

It was too crowded here.

Too crowded.

And why was the jet so loud?!
Savannah grew even more frustrated with the whole situation when her arm stopped itching and instead started hurting from how much Savannah had been itching and rubbing it.

Her head was hurting.

Why the hell was her head always hurting?!

She leaned back against the seat and closed her eyes, her hands on her knees.

Savannah mentally counted to ten and back, something Bucky once said had helped him.

Deep breaths Savannah, deep breaths.

It's over, it's done.

Suddenly a cool feeling fell over her arm.

Savannah's blue eyes were met with another pair of blue eyes, and blonde messy hair, a small smile, a cold towel against her arm.

Pietro.

He smiled softly at her as he took her arm and began gently rubbing away some of the dried blood.

Savannah watched him as he avoided rubbing the already red areas.

Once a good amount of blood was off her hands and arms, Pietro dropped the now blood-covered towel and picked up a clean one.

Their eyes locked as he looked up.

Raising his hand to her face gently, Savannah realized he was asking for permission to clean her face too.