66

Running wild and running free, two kids, you and me.

Ring ring.

"Hello?"

"Pietro Maximoff, why did I just get a notification that you left the country?"

"Are you tracking me Stark?"

"Always, now where the hell are you?"

"With Savannah, she says hi and that we'll be home for dinner."
With that Pietro hung up the call and placed his phone in his pocket.

Savannah glanced at his pocket before meeting his eyes and making a face.

"Relax, he can't track this phone, I made sure of it," Pietro promised her before taking a seat on the jet's couch.

Savannah had driven her and Pietro to a small facility where she'd "borrowed" a jet and apparently, from what Pietro could tell, they were on their way to Russia.

Savannah didn't have a plan.

She wasn't sure what the reason for her change of heart was since she'd been so sure that going back wasn't what she wanted.

But now she wasn't sure what she wanted.

"Mind explaining where exactly you're taking me?" Pietro asked as Savannah put the jet on autopilot and moved to sit with him in the back of the jet.

Savannah hesitated for less than a moment, but Pietro noticed.

He didn't miss the way her eyes only met his for less than a second before moving anywhere else, or her right arm inching its way to cover her left, almost protectively.

"I have a problem, and now I'm going to fix it," Savannah said simply.

Pietro raised his eyebrows, moving to the edge of his seat to be closer to Savannah who was sitting across him.

Savannah scooted back in her seat and Pietro grabbed her arm to stop her.

Her left arm.

Did Savannah just... wince?

She pulled her arm away quickly and scooted back in her seat.

Pietro gave her a quizzical look and moved forward in his seat again, reaching out his arm slowly for hers, his eyes set dead on hers.

He was reaching for her left arm.

Savannah hesitated again.

He noticed but didn't stop slowly moving his hand forward to grab onto hers.

She didn't stop him.

His eyes never left hers, and hers didn't waver from his.

He slowly held her left hand in one of his while the other started pushing her sleeve up.

And still, she didn't stop him.

Pietro's eyes didn't move from hers until her sleeve was all the way up to her elbow.

Only then did he look down.

He stared for a moment, at the purple veins running up her arm.

"Savannah..." His fingers gently brushed over her forearm and she winced.

His eyes went back to hers as she pulled her arm away and her sleeve down, but hers moved up to the ceiling.

"Savannah" he repeated but still, she didn't look at him.