53

Look at all the lonely people. 

Savannah had made more enemies.

Pierce wanted more power, of course, he did.

And of course, he made Savannah do the dirty work.

It was a new organization this time, Savannah had heard Rumlow calling them the SW, short for Superior Workers.

She wasn't sure if that was actually the name but she hadn't asked.

Apparently, they specialized in making formulas and weapons of such.

Pierce wanted them under Savannah's (technically his) control.

So Savannah had followed who was supposedly their leader to a tall building in Washington D.C. where he allegedly worked when he wasn't bossing people around to make more weapons.

To fit in, Savannah was wearing a navy blazer over a white tank top. She was wearing dark long pants which covered the top part of her black high heels.

Her hair was pulled back into a low bun and she had a classic black leather tote bag hung over her shoulder.

She looked about five years older and like every other business person in the building.

The man she was following was a tall middle-aged male with blonde hair and an expensive watch on his wrist.

Savannah watched as he winked at some of the older women and shook the hands of some of the higher-ups in the office.

Apparently, this man was very well known.

He walked into the elevator, one hand in his pocket and the other lifted in front of his face as he glanced at his watch.

Savannah internally groaned at the elevator and stepped in before it closed.

"Which floor?" he asked her, as he clicked the fifth floor for himself.

"Six, thanks" she smiled casually at him.

He clicked the sixth floor and stood back as the elevator began to move.

She could literally feel him glance over at her.

"I've never seen you here, you new or something?" he asked.

"Yeah actually, I've only been working here for about two weeks. I work with the-" Savannah ran a million different options of what to say in her mind. What was it that people actually did in these kinds of offices?

"-marketing department," she said.

She wasn't sure if that was even something that they had here but apparently, her guess had been spot on since he nodded in understanding.

"The name's Rick" he greeted, holding out his hand for her to shake.

She did so, "Sophie" she lied convincingly.

"It's very nice to meet you, Sophie," he placed his hands back in his pocket, Savannah noticed a ring, he was married.

The elevator finally opened onto the fifth floor.

"Well it was very nice to meet you, Sophie, if you need help getting used to things around here, my office is the third to the right" he motioned to the fifth floor.

"Thank you so much Rick" she smiled at him as he exited the elevator.

Now Savannah knew which office was his.