26

We never learn, we've been here before

Training with the Avengers was absolutely nowhere near training with Hydra. For one, you weren't being watched by agents everywhere you go. Savannah was enjoying that part.

For another, the Avengers had a very different style of training.

At Hydra, the champions would fight the trainers, sometimes to the death. Savannah had only ever lost one fight to a trainer, ironic how he's the one training her now.

Bucky easily caught the punch Savannah threw and used the momentum to push her arm back. Savannah twisted around and kicked him in the stomach causing him to stumble back a bit.

Savannah put her arms back up in a fighting position as the two circled each other.

Bucky couldn't help but feel-

It was weird-

Almost like...

Almost like he knew he'd been in this position before.

The fighting style-

The circling-

Her eyes staring right at him, waiting for him to make a move-

It was all familiar...

Too familiar.

Bucky dodged the punches to his face and spun around so he had her in a headlock, making sure not to squeeze too tightly. That was his mistake however because Savannah was able to flip him right over, causing him to fall on his back in front of her.

"Stop going easy on me" Savannah said as she moved the hair that had fallen out of her ponytail behind her ear.

"I'm not" mumbled Bucky as he stood back up and rubbed the back of his head. 

"Yeah right, I've seen you fight, you can do better" Savannah lunged at him, he narrowly dodged the hit and slid the feet from under her. Savannah fell on her back but pulled the same trick on him as she used her feet to trip him causing him to fall as well.

Savannah was breathless, Bucky could hear her trying to catch her breath and she stood up again.

The dull lights shining down on them as she struggled to stand, he could hear how hard she was breathing.

Bucky shook his head. There were these pieces of a memory?

Actually he wasn't even sure what it was but it seemed so... familiar.

Bucky stood up again only to be tackled to the ground by Savannah who jumped away a second before they would've hit the ground. Bucky turned so that he landed in a plank position. He used his arms to push him back to his feet and he turned to her.

He was looking down at her. Her lip was busted and there was a bleeding cut right under her left ear.

Bucky could see the faint scar under Savannah's left ear, the same place, the same exact place.

"Fight Princess, or you will never learn" it was Pierce, Bucky could hear him talking to the little girl standing in front of him. The one he had just fought. The one that couldn't be any older than seven or eight.