46.

I don't even know what to say. I know I said I would try and be more consistent with my updating after taking a long-ish break. Then I went and took and even longer one! It's just hard to be a nice writer with adequate flow when you can't even be sustain your own mind. My mental health has been a bit everywhere lately but some love and support from all of you made me remember that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel and it's only a moment away.

Also half by happy moment. I have turned 19, last year of being a teenager!! It's also been a year since I first started this book. What the actual fuck. How? Where did the time go?

To my Mae, I'm sorry for abandoning you please don't throw your study notes at me! And don't No Way me into something stupid either!

Curious question: how many parts does it say my book has when you click on story details in your library?

-

Mae's pov

I finished the test with my hands shaking nearly the whole time. I was nervous, I didn't want my mother here. It didn't help that the second this test was over I would be called to the Principals Office to talk to her.

Or have her talk to me would be more precise.

I placed my pen down and handed it to my supervising teacher with a worried smile. Not about the test of course. The studying with Rafe quite literally saved me from a getting a B in something other then my bra size.

I pulled at my skirt as I opened the door to leave. I hope Rafe would be alright in chemistry next lesson. I had a feeling I would be missing it today.

I turned down the hall as the bell rang. I watched as the geography classroom door nearly burst off its hinges. I guess people didn't like knowing where they came from and sustainability projects in the world.

Rafe had a eager expression on his face as he turned to find me. A shy smile etched onto my face when he finally saw me. Most of my nerves and worries immediately subsided knowing that what ever happen next; I would have him at the end of the day.

With a snarky comment, cheeky grin and a dare waiting in his back pocket.

"How did it go?" He asked loudly before even reaching me trying to fight his way through the crowd. I leaned into the wall as I waited a giggle resting on my lips.

"Well, it went really well" I said keeping my tone rather steady instead of the expected excitement.

"Where's all the test chatter?" He asked his smile falling and face growing serious. His hand reaching out to take mine. His thumb stroked back and forth over the back of my hand.

"My mother's here" I blurted it a small weight being lifted off my chest. Rafe sucked in a deep breath as if his life was flashing before his eyes.

"Why?" He blurted out before thinking.

"Listen if I don't come back to class. You're going to meet me at the beach at 11pm. Okay?" I swiftly continued ignoring the stupid question. He nodded still looking completely lost with it all.

A crackling over came the speakers and I already knew what was coming.

"Mabel Murchison please report to the principals office" the voice echoed through the hallway. There were some 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from on lookers as usual. Probably because this was the first time I was ever singled out to the principals office. Usually Rafe had a hand in it.