27

I get up and walk down the steps and into the living room. Ray pauses the movie she's watching and looks at me. "May I help you?" She laughs and I look around the room.

"Where's Cal?" I ask.

"Jakes in town for some reason today, he just wanted Calum for today." She says.

"That's weird." I say and sit down next to her.

"No one ever knows what goes on in Jakes mind." She laughs and presses play to her movie.

"What movie is this?" I ask.

"The Breakfast Club." Ray says and I give her a weird look.

"What's that?" I ask and her eyes widen.

"You never heard of The Breakfast Club?" She asks and I shake my head, "Okay, I'm starting this from the beginning!" She laughs and goes back to the beginning, "I've seen it a hundred times, my favorite movie ever."

The music plays and it starts, I watch as everyone heads into the library, and then the principal, who is a major dick, leaves the kids alone. I pause the movie and look at Ray, "I have a question."

"Better be a good one if your stopping this movie." She says.

"Is Azalea always in that library?" I ask and Ray gives me a look.

"How long have you been here for?" Ray asks, "'I swear she lives in that library,'" Ray mocks her mom and I laugh, "but if you ask her she'll say, 'that's where you'll find me!'" She mocks Azalea now and I shake my head.

"But if you really look you won't find her there." I say and lay down resting my feet on Ray's lap.

"You know Luke, she may be clever, but she just asks too square." Ray says, and I scrunch my eyebrows together.

"What do you mean Ray?"

"Just next time you're in that library, look in the back of the room where nobody looks." She says and presses play.

"Why?" I asks and she just smiles.

"That's all I'm saying." Her eyes drift to mine, "Now can we finish the movie?" I nod my head and we continue to watch the movie. "You want to hear something embarrassing?" She laughs and I pause the movie on the nerd with the green sweater.

"Of course!" I laugh.

"I use to have a huge crush on Brian." She says and I look back at the tv.

"You mean the nerdy kid?" I laugh and she nods her head.

"He's cute!" She defends herself and I laugh.

"Yup, a total catch." I say with sarcasm.

Soon Calum gets back, with Jake, and he walks into the living room where Ray and me were. Right now we were on our third movie, which is Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and we haven't moved from the couch once. We made Lizzie get us food and drinks. Jake also takes a seat on the couch laughing.

"What?" Ray asks looking over at him.

"I can't believe you guys are watching this movie." He shakes his head and stands up, "Where's your mom?"

"With Azalea." Ray says.

"Where's Azalea?" Jake asks and Ray just shrugs her shoulders, "Okay where's your dad?"

"Work."

"Cat?"

"Shopping." Ray says looking at him.

"Okay, who is here?" Jake asks leaning back.

"Us four and Lizzie." She says.

"Where's everyone else?"

"Ashton went with Cat, and Michael and Arden always go somewhere, I don't know." She laughs and Jake just sighs.

"Can I talk to you Luke?" He asks and I go to complain but he cuts me off, "It's important." I just nod my head and we walk to the kitchen.

"Ray, you can finish the movie." I call over and she yells back an 'okay'. I sit down at one of the stools as Jake grabs a water bottle, standing across from me. I hear the movie going on in the living room, and I look at Jake. "What's up?"

"How's the whole getting 'Derek away from Azalea' think working?" He asks and I laugh.

"She hates me Jake." I say and rest my chin in my hands.

"What the hell did you do Luke?" He asks I could see he was getting pissed off.

"I don't know, ask her Jake," I say trying not to get angry.

"Luke, Derek isn't a good person for her. He's mean to her Luke and Jacky just wants him away from her." Jake says.

"Can you tell me why he's so bad to her?" I ask, "Even Mindy said he was an ass, can you tell me why?"

"Just next time Luke, look. Just look at her when she's with Derek. Look at her body, her arms, her eyes, just observe and then you'll know why." He says sighing.

"We're home!" I hear Azalea scream as the front door opens. She walks into the kitchen and drop her bags, hugging Jake. "Hey Jake, what you doing here?" She asks and Jacky walks in.

"Just wanted to come check up on my boys." He says walking over to me patting my back. Azalea looks at me and picks up her bags.

"I'm gonna go to my room." She says and runs upstairs.

"What the hell did you do Luke?" Jacky asks and Jake looks at me.

"I don't know! Ask her," I say and get up walking back to the living room. I sit down on the couch, Ray and Calum looking over at me.

"You okay bro?" Cal asks and I nod my head.

"Yup perfectly fine." I says an think about what Ray and I said about Azalea.

'I swear she lives in that library
But if you ask her she'll say, "That's where you'll find me!"

But if you look then you won't find her there
She may be clever but she just acts too square
'Cause in the back of the room, where nobody looks-'