30

•Azalea's POV•

It's been three days since Luke came out of his room. He has a bathroom, and he makes the boys go up there to go him stuff. I did see him sneak out one day though. I don't know why, but he came back a little later. It made me wonder why he didn't tell us about Arabella. The boys had filled us all in about Maggie, and about how he loved her, he was hers, she was his. It hurt me to think that one day he just woke up and she wasn't there.

The boys also told us he went through troubling times after that. Depression. He didn't go to see his daughter, he wouldn't even hold her, because he blamed it on Arabella. He blamed her for Maggie's death, then soon he started to blame himself. It really wasn't anyone's fault, well I don't believe it is. It was just life, fucking with people like it usually does.

I walk up the stairs, walking pass Luke's room. I stop when I heard him whimper. I ball my one hand into a fits and bring it up to the door. It hovers over the door for about a minute when I finally made contact with the dark wood. The room fell silent, then his raspy voice came through the door, "Who is it?" I stayed silent, "Hello?" He asks again and I could hear him sniff. I gulp and try to get the words out of my mouth but I couldn't, I just squeak. I hear the lock on the door being played with and soon his blue eye peeks through. "Azalea?" He asks in confusion. I gulp and manage to choke out there words.

"Are you okay?" I ask and he looks around opening the door enough to see his disheveled features. He stays silent, and I could tell he's about to cry. "Luke-"

"Azalea, stop please." He says and goes to close the door when I stop it. My eye catches a crushed blue can on the floor.

"Luke, you're not okay." I say and he stares at me, his eyebrows knit together.

"What makes you think that?" He tilts his head his once quiffed hair now falls over his eyes, sarcasm deep in his voice.

"What makes you say that?" He asks again and I just stare at him. He looks behind the door picking something up. He stares at the black picture frame, "Here," he hands it to me, "I don't want it." Luke hands me the picture of him and Maggie. He closes the door, locking it again. I just look at the broken frame, tracing over the broken glass with my finger.

"Azalea? What are you doing?" Michael asks looking at me, he has a plate with a sandwich and some chips, and bottle of soda.

"Nothing." I say and break our eye contact, looking back down at the picture. He walks to Luke's door and knocks on it lightly.

"Luke, I made you a sandwich." Michael says softly.

"I don't want it." Luke says back, no emotion in his voice.

"Please Luke, just take it." Luke doesn't answer which causes Michael to sigh and put the plate and soda in front of his door, "It's outside your door if you want it." He stands back up and i stop him before he heads out.

"Are you and Arden doing anything today?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"All yours today." He says and I smile.

"Thanks." I say, and Michael just nods his head, "Your a good friend Mike." I say and he's about to go down the stairs. I could tell that he smiled a little.

"I just hate it when he's like this." And he walks down the stairs. I just walk back to my room, and before I walk in I hear the door open, and see Luke's rough hands grab the plate and soda.

"You're lucky Luke." I say and he freezes, I could only see his hands, kind of like the guy from the Lorax. "You have friends who would die for you." He stays frozen for a little longer and his hands go back into his room, the door shutting once again.

I walk into my room taking out my phone dialing Arden's number. In a couple rings she picks up, "What's up girly?" Her voice travels through the speakers.

"I have a plan," I say and I could see her smirk through the phone.

"You know I love your plans." She laughs and so do I.

"Our spot in twenty?" I ask.

"Beat you there." She laughs and hangs up. I get up throwing on a pair of distressed skinny jeans and a one of the boys hoodies. I slip on my black Uggs, and keep my hair down. It was the end of February and it was cold as balls still. I run downstairs and grab my keys off of the key rack then head to my car, a Jeep (not the Jeep Luke drives, this ones mine, no one touches it. I mean no one). I start the car and sit while it heats up. When's it's all heated up I pull out of my driveway and head to Arden's and my special spot. I park along the street and get out sitting the the cold rock ledge.

My feet dangle over it, and I stare at the empty fields that lay in front of me. My blonde hair flowing in the wind. Soon I hear a car door open and close and feel the air around me become heated.

"What's your plan?" Arden asks as her black Vans feet hand over the ledge. She hides her hands in the black pocket to Michael's Green Day sweatshirt.

"What if we bring Arabella here?" I ask and look at Arden, her brown hair wavy hair was blowing in the wind, and her piercing blue eyes (not like Luke's eyes. His was a whole other level of piercing) staring into the side of my head.

"What do you think that will do to him?" She asks.

"Maybe get him out of his funk, maybe he'll see Arabella and actually get out of his room." I say and look at her, "He talked to me today."

"What happened?" She looked at me, her eyes full of hope.

"Nothing. He just gave me a broken picture frame of him and Maggie." I say I pull it out of my pocket giving it to Arden. She takes her hands out of the pocket and grips the frame, she sighs and does the same thing I did with the glass. "That's why maybe if we bring Arabella here, he'll get out of his fun-"

"And what if it doesn't Zeals? What if it makes him worse?" I slam my eyelids shut and I bite my lip trying to hold back the tears.

"I just want him to get better Arden," I say and lean my head on her shoulder. She just rubs my hair, "I hate seeing him like this. I hate not seeing him." I admit.

"We all do Zeals." She says and sighs, "We'll talk to the boys about it tomorrow, alright?" I nod my head taking it off her shoulder. I open my eyes and take in the view.

"Remember when we first found this place?" I laugh and she smiles.

"Life was so simple." She says and leans back, keeping her self up with her hands. My smile fades a little as I look a little bit longer. I do a fake laugh.

"What happened?"

~~~~~
A/N
Okay, 3 things.

1st: this chapter was so frustrating to write because every time I wrote Arden's name it when in all caps and that annoyed the shit out of me so I had to co stinky delete it (Same with Michaels and Luke's names)

2nd: I'm sorry this is a really sucky chapter, I wrote it at 10:17 at night, so please don't be mad.

3rd: I'm soooooo sorry I can't update quickly. It's just I've been really frustrated with all my stories, I'm trying to update as fast as I can. Again I'm really sorry, and I love you guys for not hating me for it ;)

Love you my little penguins<3 I'll try to update soon!!!! :*