41

"Luke, are you almost done packing?" Ashton barges into my room, as I zip my suitcase.

"Just finished, what time are we leaving tomorrow?" I ask, plopping onto the bed. My eyes stay planted on Ashton as he makes his way to my desk chair. He takes a seat then starts to swivel around in it.

"Around like six in the morning I think. So spent as much time with Azalea as you can." Ashton continues to swivel and I lean up onto my arm, facing the curly haired boy.

"I mean, I would, if I knew where she was." I mumble the last part, causing Ashton to stop moving.

"You lost your girlfriend?" Ashton asks, his eyebrows moving together.

"She's not an object Ashton, I didn't lose her. I just don't know where she wondered off to." I say and plop onto my back.

"So you're probably not going to see your girlfriend for two months and you have no idea where she is?" Ashton hops onto the bed next to me, laying so he's facing me.

"Pretty much, when I woke up this morning she was gone." I look at Ashton as he leans up.

"Have you tried calling her?" He asks and I shake my head, I was to worried about forgetting something that I forget to even try to call my girlfriend. I take out my phone and dial Azalea's number. I listen to the rings on the other line when I start to feel a vibration on the bed. "Oh Luke, I didn't know you were that kinky." Ashton says winking at me. I punch him in the arm, as I reach under the pillow where Azalea had once occupied. I feel around until my finger bumps into a familiar object, I grab it and pull it from under the pillow. Azalea's gold iPhone 5s vibrates in my hand, until I press end on my phone. I just stare at the phone for a little and examine it. "Go through it bro, I won't tell." Ashton nudges me, looking over my shoulder as I press the lock button on her phone. A picture of her hugging me shows up and I just shake my head.

"I can't, that's invading her privacy." I whisper, and press the lock button one more time causing the screen to go black.

"Luke, I won't tell. And whats the worst thing you're going to find on there? She's probably just hanging out with Arden or something." Ashton says and takes the phone from my hand and unlocking it. For some reason he knew what the password is, and then he told me that he just guessed my name and it was right. He starts going through the messages, when his face drops. His eyes loose their glow and his bubbly face goes flat.

"What is it Ashton?" I ask looking over his shoulder, I peak and see the name that I honestly thought I'd never see again. "Please tell me this is some sick fucking joke." I say through gritted teeth, Ashton looks up at me, shaking his head. I unlock my phone and search through my contacts till I find the person I'm looking for. It rings a couple times until an innocent voice sneaks through, "Mindy?"

"Hey Luke," her voice distant, like she knows something and she doesn't want to tell me.

"Is Azalea at your house?" I spit out and I can hear her breathing through the line.

"Well, not at the moment." Mindy whispers through the phone, I inhale sharply. "But she was here this morning, and she left with-uhm- she left with Derek." Her voice was shaking even though she didn't do anything. "I'm sorry Luke." I stay silent, then take a deep breathe.

"Do you know where they went?" I ask, my voice low.

"No, I'm sorry. But when she showed up her I was surprised. Luke-" she pauses for a second, "she showed up in tears, her cheeks were bright red and she was shaking. I answered the door and she asked if Derek was home, I told her yeah and she walked right passed me and went straight to his room. It was like five in the morning." I stay quiet and just nod my head even though she can't see me, "I went back to sleep not really thinking much about it and then when I woke up, I went to go check on her and she was gone. They both were. But she left something," she pauses one more time before continuing her story, "I'm sorry Luke but they had sex, she left behind her underwear." I suck in my breathe and stare at the wall in front of me, "Luke? I'm so sorry, you deserve so much more! I should have told you as soon as possible but I was tired and I was scared. I call you if they come back, okay?" I remain silent, "Okay?" She sounded pleading.