24

"MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!" Lizzie screams running into my room. She hops on Azalea and me causing us both to groan.

"What time is it?" I ask turning around to face Lizzie who was laying on Azalea.

"Twelve, I was wondering since you know your way around if we could go last minute Christmas shopping." She smiles and I could never let down that braced smile.

"Ugg, let's go." I say climbing out of bed slipping on some jeans and my vans. I throw on a shirt and grab my car keys. Lizzie hops off the bed, we walk downstairs and I leave a note for everyone. We hop into my car and drive to the mall, it takes about twenty minutes and in those twenty minutes we jammed out to all the 5sauce stuff I had on my phone. We climb out of the car and run into the mall because of how cold it was.

"So Luke, are you happy to be home?" She asks as we walk around the somewhat crowed mall.

"I mean I missed my family, but other wise I guess it's okay to be home." I say as we walk into a store, I start looking around when I see a really nice vase for my mom. "What do you think of this?" I ask showing Lizzie the purplish vase, nods her head and we walk around for a little bit longer.

"Why is it just okay to be home?" Lizzie asks and I give her a look.

"I thought I told you why." I say as she looks at converse lined up along the wall. She takes down a pair of white high tops examining them.

"Are you going to see her?" She asks looking at me then back at the shoes.

"Jack wants me to, but I don't know." I say and pull my purple beanie down a little bit more.

"Why not? She is your-"

"Lizzie," I say and she sighs.

"I think you should Luke, I bet she misses you." Lizzie sighs and puts the shoes back, "I know I'm going to miss you when you go back on tour."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well once you write that song Jake wants you guys to write you're going back onto tour." Lizzie says and I look at her.

"I'll miss you too kid." I say and hug her, "What size shoe are you?" I look at the boxes of shoes.

"Luke you don't have to get me shoes." She laughs.

"Well I got you for secret Santa and I didn't know what to get you. So you like these?" I ask and she laughs nodding her, "Okay, then what size are you?"

"Eight." Lizzie laughs and I grab the size eight box out, "We all done know?" Lizzie laughs and I look at my phone.

"We came her at twelve and it's two." I laugh and so does Lizzie. We walk to the register and put the stuff on the little counter.

"Luke?" The cashier says and I look up, my heart getting caught into my throat. I cough a little.

"Hey March," I smile at the black haired girl.

"You back for for the holidays?" She asks as she rings up the ideas.

"Yup."

"Who's this? She's a little young for you." March laughs and I roll my eyes.

"This is Lizzie, she with the family I'm staying with in Texas. Didn't hear about that?" I laugh as I pay for the stuff.

"No, I heard and so did everyone else in school." She laughs, "So you going to see Maggy?" She asks and my throat closes up a little, "Sorry Luke, I didn't mean anything-"

"No, it's fine March." I smile a little, "I wasn't exactly trying to think of that."

"Oh well, I know she would be happy if you stopped by." She says and I nod my head, "Her mom would be happy too. She talks about you a lot." I nod my head.