33

I rest Arabella on my hip as we walk to the plane. Ashton had just gotten a last minute call from Jake saying that we had to get to New York, and fast. He booked us a gig and forgot to tell us till two days before it.

"Daddy, I want to go to sleep." Arabella days rubbing her eyes.

"Then go to sleep baby girl." I say kissing her forehead, she rest her head on my shoulder. Her little eyes close and soon her breathe is nice and steady.

"She sleeping?" Azalea asks walking up to me, and I nod my head. My eyes getting droopier because it was about five in the morning. Jake likes us to get on early planes so we aren't crowed with fans, and can be a little peaceful. "You want me to carry her Luke?" Azalea asks and I shake my head.

"No, I got her-" a yawn cuts me off and Azalea laughs. She takes Arabella from my arms, her little arms let go of my neck and latch onto Azalea's.

"So what's going on? Is she staying with us for good?" Azalea asks as we take our seats on the plane, I take the window seat and Azalea takes the aisle seat.

"Well it's been two months since she's been here, and I really want to be in her life." I say and lean my head on e window, but keep Azalea and Arabella in view.

"She needs her dad," Azalea says and rest her head backwards on the head rest.

"She needs a mom." I say not thinking at all. Azalea laughs then looks over at me.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did Maggie actually die? Like how during childbirth?" Azalea asks and I keep my eyes planted on her brown ones.

"She was this certain kind of blood type, it's very rare, she couldn't stop bleeding and she somehow blend out." When I finish I look out the window watching the clouds go by.

"I'm sor-" I cut her off.

"You know Maggie would have liked you a lot." My eyes still finding pictures in the clouds. "She just wouldn't like you for one thing."

"What's that?" She asks and I look back at her, a smile on my face.

"Try and figure it out." I say and Azalea just rolls her eyes at me.

"Good night Luke." Azalea laughs fixing Arabella so she can get a little bit more comfortable.

"Actually it's morning Azalea." I laugh.

"Shush, I'm sleeping."

~About 4 hours later; 9:00AM~

"Daddy, we're here!" Arabella shakes me awake, and I slowly open my eyes. Her legs were hanging off my right leg and she's smiling big. "I want to go see this place! Grandma said it was beautiful!" I smile and pick her up, as I slowly stand. I let my long legs stretch then grab my drawstring bag, that held all of Arabella's toys. "Hurry up daddy! I want to go see the big lights!" She struggles out of my arms and gets onto the aisle. She holds my hand and drags me down the aisle.

"Honey the big lights are only on when the sky is off." I laugh and she stops turning to look at me.

"When does the sky turn off?" Her eyes big and they make me chuckle.

"I don't know baby," I say and she sighs loudly but keeps dragging me. We finally reach where everyone else is and she runs up to Azalea.

"When does the sky turn off?" Arabella asks and Azalea just kind of looks at her.

"What honey?" She asks and Arabella points to the window.

"The sky is on right now, but daddy says the big lights don't turn on until the sky is off." Azalea just laughs at Arabella and then looks at me. I shrug.

"Well the sky usually turns off around seven here." Arabella groans at Azalea's answer leaning against Azalea's legs.

"But I want to see the pretty lights!" Arabella says.

"Well your uncles and daddy need to go to work. You want to go shopping with us girls?" Lizzie asks and Arabella looks up at her.

"After can we see the lights?" Her eyes lighten up.

"If the sky's off then yes." Lizzie laughs and Arabella claps her hands. Arabella wraps her arm around Lizzie's and drags her, trying to leave the airport. "Ara, we need to drop our bags off at the hotel." In response she groans.

"Okay, we're getting dropped off at the studio because we're late and the van will drop you guys off at the hotel." Ashton says as we grab our bags and walk to the van.

"Can you guys bring in our bags?" Michael asks.

"No, we're going to leave them in the van babe." Arden says sarcastically.

"Really?" Michael says looking at her and she just rolls her eyes.

"Mike, you're a moron." I say laughing and Arabella runs up to me gripping on my arm, "You okay baby?"

"Big men are follow us daddy." Arabella's eyes were wide and full of fear.

"Those men are nice honey." I laugh, she looks back at the man and waves. Frank, our security guard, waves back smiling. "See honey." I say and she nods her head. As we reach outside, a black van sits on the side. We throw our bags in the back, and climb into the van. Cat gets in the front and drives us to the studio, I go to climb out when Arabella grabs my arm.

"Daddy, you'll be back to see the big lights, right?" She asks and I nod my head with a smile. I grab my bag, which held something very important. We walk in and go to our studio room where Jake is already working with the something because he had head phones on and was sitting in front of the control board. I take a pencil from a table next to a couch and throw it at him. He jumps and we all start laughing.

"Oh good," Jake says taking off his head phones, "you guys are here." He rubs his temples and we regain our cool, "So Luke, you finally got me that song?" He smirks and I smirk back. I grab music sheets, full of writing, from my bag and drop it on his lap. He looks down and laughs, "Good Girls?"

"They're bad girls who haven't been caught."