29

~Maggie is the girl in the pic~

"No, I don't get the homework Luke," Azalea says and I groan.

"I'm gonna end up failing this class!" I yell banging my head on my desk which makes a picture fall. "Fuck my life."

"Luke, calm down." Azalea says picking up the picture frame. She smiles at the frame.

"What?" I ask sitting up in my seat.

"This Maggie?" I smile and nod my head. "She's pretty."

"I know, that's why I fell in love with her." I say and look at Lies.

"How did she die?" Azalea asks and I stay silent, "Sorry Luke," she says patting my shoulder, she sits on my lap. "Now back to Chemistry." I smirk at her wrapping my arms around her waist.

"The only chemistry I care about is ours." She rolls her eyes, and I lean in kissing her, she kisses me back.

"Okay, Luke," she says pulling away placing her hand on my chest, "you can't fail this test." She laughs, we start to study. We're about an hour in when my phone goes off. I look at the lock screen to see its a blocked number.

"Hello?" I ask.

"DADDY!" Arabella yells and my eyes widen.

"Hold up honey." I say and Azalea looks at me, "I need to take this, it's my Uh... My cousin." She nods her head and I get up going into the bathroom, "Hey baby girl." I smile.

"Hi daddy, I miss you." I laugh.

"I miss you too, why'd you call me baby?"

"Because the people in the white truck with flashing lights told me to." She says and my eyes widen.

"Honey, I can I please talk to one of them?"

"Okay daddy." She says and the line goes silent for a little bit.

"Hello?" A lady says.

"Hello, I'm Arabella's father, why is she at the hospital?" I ask.

"She called us, she's a smart kid for a two year old sir." The lady says, "Her grandmother hit her head on something, she's in a coma."

"Oh god," I say, "I can't take her in. I'm in the states."

"Do you have another relative she can live with for right now?" The lady asks and I nod my head.

"Yeah my mother, her name is Liz Hemmings." I rub my neck, and give the lady all the information on my mom, "Tell her Luke asked her to please take care of Arabella."

"Of course sir."

"Thank you." I say leaning against the wall.

"It's my job." The lady hangs up and I sigh. I get out of the bathroom, that was in my room, and I sit on the bed.

"You okay?" Azalea asks sitting on the bed next to me and I shake my head.

"I need to go be alone." I say and get up opening up the draw on my nightstand. I take out the box of Marble Reds, stuffing it in my pocket.

"Luke, don't do that." She says getting up.

"I just need to be alone Azalea," I say and leave my room running downstairs. I throw on my shoes and head to the car. It's been two months since I saw Arabella, and now she calls me saying that Maggie's mom is in a coma. I start the car and drive to a park, when I get there I turn off the car, and light the cigarette. I close my eyes and take a hit from the cig.

After it's done I put it out putting it back into the box. I then start up the car and drive around for a little bit longer. I then get to the house and walk inside. I take of my shoes and put the keys for the Jeep on the key rack.

"There the asshole is." I hear someone slur and I turn around to see that Ray is holding Derek back, with the help of Calum of course.

"What are you doing here Derek?" I ask.

"I'm here to tell everyone the truth about you!" He yells, and soon Lizzie, Cat, Ashton, Arden, and Michael are by the front door.

"What's going on here?" Cat asks.

"Derek's just being an asshole." I say and Derek laughs.

"Why don't you tell them Luke?" Derek asks with a smirk, "How old is she?" My eyes widen.

"Derek, what are you talking about?" Michael asks.

"Don't act like you guys don't know," Derek says with a laugh, "So how about you tell me. How old is she?"

"Derek, we don't know shit." Michael says.

"Do you want me to tell them, or for Luke to?" He laughs.

"Derek shut the fuck up."

"So that means you want me to?" He smirks a drunk smirk.

"We don't know what your fucking tal-" I cut Michael off.

"Stop Michael," I say looking at Derek, "obviously he's not going to give up."

"You don't have to listen to him, Luke." Calum says and I shake my head.

"I have kept way too many secrets." I sigh, "She's two."

"Who's two?" Cat asks confused. I don't answer.

"Luke who's two?" Ray asks, I look over at Liz and she nods her head.

"M-my," I pause one more time.

"His daughter." Lizzie says and the girls eyes go wide as Derek just sits there with a smirk.

"You have a daughter?" Azalea asks and I look at her, "So that's who you were on the phone with." She says, "That's why you disappeared on Christmas Eve."

"I'm sorry Lies-"

"No Luke, your not sorry. this is all fun and games to you isn't it? Entertaining to fuck with my feelings?"

"This isn't fucking about you Azalea! Not everything's about you!" I yell and she shakes her head.

"You fucking lied to me! To all of us!"

"No I didn't, there's a difference between lying and keeping a secret. I was trying to protect her from my world, I didn't want anyone to know. Now what's your excuse for acting like someone your not?" Tears fall from my eyes, and I walk pass them all going up the stairs, "Maggie, she died during childbirth," I say through tears, "you happy now Lies?" I run to my room locking the door behind me. I pick up the framed picture of Maggie and me.

"Luke," there's a knock at the door, "Luke please answer." Ashton says and I start to get angry.

"FUCK YOU!" I scream at the picture, "FUCK YOU FOR LEAVING ME HERE ALONE!" I throw the picture frame at the door and slide down the wall, "I fucking loved you," I whispered into my sobs, "I fucking loved you."