Too drunk

I had no idea of how much time had passed since Niko started telling me a bit of himself. Maybe an hour, maybe two? Time flew by as we were talking about Niko and me, but also a lot of things that had happened to us. Since I really enjoyed the mood and the way I was able to talk a lot without thinking about what I said, I ordered another beer. I didn't even think about the consequences drinking that much liquor would have for me – someone who almost never drank alcohol.

Our talk was interrupted by Tommi who suddenly touched my shoulder which made me scream quietly because I hadn't expected somebody to stand behind me and touch me. „Hey Sofia, sorry to interrupt you. I'm afraid I have to tell you that I'll have to leave. I have an appointment tomorrow in the morning and you know me – I need my holy sleep. If you want to, I can drive you home. I didn't drink alcohol, so don't worry, I'm allowed to drive. But if you want to, you can also stay here", he explained to me. By looking at him, I tried to read his gaze. I've known Tommi for so long, that I was able to find out what he thought about specific things simply by looking at what his eyes told me.

This time, they said he's totally fine with my decision, it didn't matter what I'd choose. My gaze wandered to the man in front of me I had talked to the last hours. I really liked him from what I've known about him up to that point and since I thought that another friend could only help me I decided to stay which I told Tommi a few moments later. Tommi nodded in agreement before he bent down to hug my goodbye. After I had hugged him back and wished him a good night, Tommi left the bar.

„Now you are alone, without your teddybear Tommi", Niko said with the words I had used some hours before and fake-cried before he bursted out into a laugher. I knew he was just joking, so I joined his laugh and chuckled for some seconds – thanks to the liquor I must have sound weird giggling like that about almost everything that wasn't even funny.

„But I'm a good company as well, right?", Niko asked when he had calmed down. I didn't want to simply nod as an answer but at the moment I was still laughing, so I waited a moment in which I tried to calm down even more. After that, I agreed and added that I probably would have liked getting to know him earlier. „I've been best friends with Tommi for years, why didn't he introduce us to each other earlier?" „Yeah, right?! But to me it feels like you don't know a lot about Blind Channel and our members at all, do you?"

Niko was right, I really didn't know a lot about the band that defined their style as 'Violent pop'. „Well, I guess that's true. Tommi and I talk lot about different topics, but most of the time I'm the person that is speaking. I guess you know that Tommi isn't the one taking a big part in conversations but more the type of guy that listens to what others say and sometimes randomly makes jokes or throws in hard facts. That's why he hardly ever starts a conversation... And, to be honest, I didn't ask him something about if everything's going well and so on. If we talked about Blind Channel – which happened quite rarely – I listened interested, of course, but I wasn't interested enough to start that topic on my own...

As I said, I'm more the calm and innocent type of guy that isn't into rock music and your style and the personality people connect with your 'type of guy'. I'm more the 'normal' type of guy that listens to – non violent – pop and wants life to be more colorful not that... black. But people actually think I'd listen to classic music. That's definitely not true as well."

I felt a little ashamed when I admitted that I hadn't been interested in the probably most import thing in my best friend's life which you could see in my next words with which I tried to apologize.

„I know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I did. I judged you guys by your music without meeting you at least once before. Which is quite sad since I lately actually liked people with your attitude and up to now, I had a really nice evening with you. And I really like your style and your hair", I said smiling.

As soon as I had said these words, I regretted it. It hadn't been my intention to compliment Tommi's friend after only a few hours of knowing him like this. I noticed that I blushed a little, thus I looked at beer that stood in front of me to avoid his gaze.

Niko just smiled and agreed before he had a really good suggestion. „What about getting to know Blind Channel and the members on a ... let's say different way?"

„If you'd tell me more about the 'different way' I'd probably like to do that", I answered smiling. Now that I know that at least one of the other members is quite cool I was really interested in learning more about them and their music!

„Well, maybe you know that we have really awesome fans. They make a lot of fan art – you can't believe how stunning some drawings are! – but they also do hilarious memes. So, my idea was to show you some of the memes that really fit to us", he told me and you could hear in his voice how excited he was about his suggestion and how happy about their fandom. I liked the idea of memes as well, so I agreed in an instant.

The first meme Niko showed me was from Minecraft. It showed the part where you'd craft things. Here, you saw what you need to put in to get blind channel: Instruments (guitar, bass and drums), microphones, liquor (beer and wine), a black heart that probably stood just for the color black and their attitude and of course the love for rock music. There was a middle finger as well, which I didn't understand at first. But then Niko explained the meaning behind that and talked a bit about their song „Dark Side". I expected the instruments and all the music related stuff, but the liquor surprised me. I had no idea that the band was also known for their love to alcohol, especially beer and wine...

Niko showed me one meme after another, with some I learned a lot about the personalities of the single members and how they'd probably react in specific situations – according to Niko, the memes were quite accurate about that – and some memes were just funny. I didn't know how much beer I had drunk up to that point, but I knew it was too much. Too much beer and also too many other drinks with more liquor that I had ordered when I didn't want to drink beer anymore. Now, I giggled and laughed even though a meme wasn't funny at all and my tongue got heavier and heavier every minute.

Apparently, Niko hat noticed that I was drunk too since he started ordering more water for me, but still drinks for him. But he didn't stop showing memes to me. About Olli leaving his bass on the roof of the car, the band missing Joonas and the band not finding the right port. Even though that must have been really bad situations, I couldn't stop laughing about them loudly. Luckily, Niko wasn't mad at that. On the contrary, he chuckled about their stupidity as well.

At one point, I felt like I really should go because I was too drunk and just embarrassing myself because of the way I giggled, laughed and also because of the totally stupid things I said. As I turned to my left to grab for the little bag I had brought with me, I realized that the other band members and friends of Niko had left as well. Niko and I were the only people sitting at our table. I tried to remember when the other's had left, but as much I tried, I couldn't. Maybe they had said goodbye when I went to the toilet about an hour ago?

I didn't think about that more but told Niko that I should leave now as well. It was kinda hard to speak clearly because I was so drunk. I definitely couldn't act sober anymore. As soon as I had said that, Niko stopped me from going. „Sofia, you're so drunk that you can't speak properly anymore; do you really think that I'll let you leave alone in that condition? No way! I won't let you walk home alone!" He stood up and gave me his arm to support me at walking. I wasn't able to do anything anymore, so I didn't resist what he said and did and just let him do what he thought was rational.

Sorry for not uploading yesterday, I sadly didn't have the time to write another chapter at all. I hope that I'll manage to start the next chapter today, so that I won't upload the next chapter tomorrow evening but a bit earlier :)
If you have any feedback I'd be glad if you could tell me about it because I want to improve on my writing skills.