How much I would give to be this man's girlfriend

15 Minutes later, I could admire my perfectly black painted nails. „Wow", I said, truly impressed by how good he was at applying nail polish. There was no polish were it shouldn't be, my nails were painted in an even layer of shiny black. „Thank you!" „You're welcome! I hope you like it", Niko answered and smiled at me. I was impressed by how good he applied it but still, I wasn't sure if I liked black nails when it was about my hands.

I turned my hand around and took a closer look to see how much I like it. It was definitely something I wasn't used to, it looked unfamiliar. But not in a bad way. I kinda liked it and hoped, after some time of getting used to it I'd really love it. „Yeah, Yeah I do like it. I'm just not used to that look so... It'll take some time. Also, I can't really see how well it fits to my outfit and stuff like that. You know?", I answered insecurely. I didn't want to disappoint Niko but I also didn't want to lie to him. Hopefully, I had found a good way in between these two things...

„If you want to, you can go and take a look at yourself in the mirror in my hallway", Niko said, smiling at me. „But I can assure you it fits perfectly!" „Thank you", I answered and felt how my cheeks turned red. He didn't even really complement on my look, yet I blushed. God, something must be wrong with my body and especially with my feelings!

Quickly, I looked down went to in the hallway before I stopped in order to look in the mirror. To be honest, Niko was right. The girl in the mirror whose gaze met mine, curious to get to know the person on the other side, looked really good. Kind of like a person on the dark side yet sophisticated and elegant. But only because I liked my appearance, I still wasn't sure of that person was really me or just a girl being styled in a way I like at other people. I sighed. If only finding yourself and getting to know about your identity wasn't that hard...

Suddenly, I heard steps behind me and saw someone approaching me in the mirror. Before I could think about it, I felt two arms wrapped around me from behind. Niko stood close behind me and hugged me. „You look beautiful", he whispered before he rested his chin on my head. „Yeah, that girl is beautiful", I answered, „but is that me or just a person whose appearance I'd admire?" „I can't tell you, I can only help you to find out yourself. But I'll always do that, if you want me to. And I won't be disappointed if you find out that this is not you, if you don't want to be part of the dark side, judged by the way you look", Niko encouraged me while lifting his head a little and softly stroking over my belly with his thumbs.

I used the chance of his head not resting on mine to turn around, hug him and look him in the eyes. „Thank you so much! Really, I'm so thankful to have you in my life, I can't describe that. I do really appreciate that you accept me the way I am or not am and help me on my way." I whispered, truly thankful. „Sofia, I love to do that. You're important to me, I want you to feel comfortable. I wouldn't even think about not being there for you, it's natural to do that!", Niko disagreed but in my opinion, he was wrong. It wasn't natural, it was something special.

„No... We've known each other for such a short period of time it's definitely not natural that you're so understanding, so... I don't even know a word for that. You're so kind, such a good friend for me", I said and felt how I started to tear up. God, why am I always that emotional? He's just behaving the way a good friend should behave, there's no reason to start crying!, I criticized myself inwardly. „Sofia, I can only repeat myself. You're important to me, even though we first met a few weeks ago. I'd do anything for you to feel god. Okay?"

I slightly nodded. I had a guilty conscience because he was such a caring guy and I couldn't really give it back but I didn't want to disagree because I knew he wouldn't accept any protest. „Good", he smiled and before I could think about what happens, I could feel him giving me the softest kiss I could imagine on my forehead. I have never been in love before, I've never had a boyfriend before and I've never been kissed in general. Thus, I had no idea how all of that feels but I think what I experienced that moment made me at least think I knew what it feels like to be loved.