Extra Chapter: This is your boyfriend?!

„Hey mom and dad, I'm home again!", I yelled as I opened the front door of my parents house. „Sofia! We thought you'd come tomorrow and not today!", my mom immediately answered and a few seconds later, she and dad stood in the hallway looking confused at Niko and me. „Yeah, I took the train a day earlier. The guys picked me up and we spent the day at the studio. And then, as you can probably tell, Niko brought me home and now we're here."

„Yeah, I can tell", my mom said in an annoyed voice. She was definitely not happy about me being picked up by the boys and being at the studio before saying hi to my parents... However, that was not important to me anymore. I learned to do what I really want to do and not what only my parents want me to do. And since I have missed my friends so much, I knew it would do me better to see them first when arriving in Oulu.

„It's already late and we walked here so... Is it possible for Niko to stay overnight?" Bad timing, I know, but I was very tired after the long ride and I wanted to go to bed soon so we had to talk about this now. „Sofia... You know that we don't want men to sleep here", my father sighed and looked at me apologizing. My mom on the other hand wasn't calm anymore. „No, Sofia, Niko won't stay overnight. Don't even think about that!", she shook her head. „Why?", I asked calmly. I didn't want to start a huge argument, I wanted to understand and maybe tell them that they didn't have to worry.

„Because we say so." „Mom. That's not a valid reason. I thought you liked Niko, why don't you let me spend more time with him and offer him to sleep here? It's late and dark outside, he'd have to walk for thirty or forty minutes. Do you want that?" Before my mom could answer anything, Niko helped me. „Ma'am, I see why you don't want men to sleep next to your daughter. But she turned 22 a few months ago, she's an adult who can decide on her own what she wants to do or what not. Just because I'm sleeping next to her doesn't mean I will sleep with her. You don't have to worry about me doing anything Sofia doesn't want or her getting pregnant. I can assure that there will nothing happen. Why should we do something we both don't want?"

My mom again shook her head, apparently there was nothing that could change her opinion. But somehow Niko had managed to convince my dad. „Sofia, unused toothbrushes are in the cupboard next to the sink. And if you need another mattress for Niko to sleep on, you can find one in the attic", he smiled at us. Before my mom could complain – and judged by her facial expressions, she definitely wanted to – he asked whether we wanted to eat something before going to my room.

I slightly shook my head before I looked at Niko who also denied. „The cake was definitely filling enough, I'm not hungry yet." „Okay, then let's go upstairs", I suggested. After Niko had agreed, we made our way upstairs. Finally we can spend some time alone and just cuddle and talk, I thought. I had truly missed being in his arms, feeling the warmth of his body against mine.

Before we could reach the next floor, I could hear my mom talking. „Lasse, why did you allow that? Have you forgotten about what we found out about him?! That Tommi's and his band makes this loud, aggressive music and his skin is covered with tattoos?! You know well that I don't want such men to be around her! This bad company will only lead our daughter to leave the right path!" She was definitely upset but now I at least knew why she suddenly didn't want me to spend more time with Niko... Since I didn't want to accept that she disliked my boyfriend because of her prejudices against people with tattoos, I immediately turned around.

„So, the tattoos are your problem?", I asked loudly as I went downstairs, Niko slowly following me. „Sofia...", he whispered, trying to calm me down. „Yes, they are", my mom answered in a serious voice. „We want you to have a good job with a good payment. If that man convinces you to get a tattoo, he'll ruin your whole career. Additionally, we all know that they often deal with drugs. We want you to have good people around you. This will only destroy your life." I knew she had these prejudices but the fact that she actually dared to say it out loudly when Niko was in the same room made me speechless.