Cute

„I hope you arrived safely <3 If you have time for that, you can call me in the evening and we can talk for some hours."

As I saw the message from Niko, I instantly smiled. That heart and his offer to call in the evening made my heart melt a little. „Yeah, everything is fine! I'm currently tidying a bit and organizing my stuff in my apartment, but after that I'd be happy to call you!", I answered still beaming and probably looking at my phone with hearts in my eyes.

„Niko?", Anna asked while smiling at me knowingly. „Yeah", I blushed. „What does he write?", Anna asked and tried to look at my phone which I quickly turned away. I didn't want Anna to see the heart yet so I made sure she couldn't see our messages and roughly told her what Niko had written. „He asked whether I arrived safely and if I want to call today's evening."

„Aah, that's great! That man truly cares for you! And the fact that he asked to call you already shows he misses you as well! Oh, Sofia, I'm sure you wouldn't only be a dream couple but you'll even be a couple sooner that you'd expect you to be!", Anna tells me excited. She seemed even more excited than I was, her enthusiasm made me chuckle. „Calm down, Anna", I laughed. Niko doesn't want a relationship, thus, we won't be a couple soon. I'll have to deal with him being nothing more than my cuddle buddy", I sighed.

„Sofia, stop this! Yeah, maybe he has said he wouldn't want a relationship but you don't know if that has changed. Maybe you changed that. Also, I think you could already call that thing – whatever it is – a kind of relationship. Maybe not a real one with sex and telling each other about the deep love you feel, but one inside your heads and hearts. You have to agree that your hearts are connected and that you are exclusive. You can't deny that, can you?". Sofia tried to lift my mood again and put her hand on my shoulder.

„Yeah, you're kinda right", I admitted. „We're definitely exclusive. At least from my point of view. I wouldn't start anything with anyone right now because my heart belongs to Niko and I'd also be really mad if he'd start something with someone else but I'm not sure if he thinks the same about that. And especially now that where distanced, he could do whatever he wants with any girl because I couldn't even see that."

„The way I assess Niko he wouldn't do that. But I don't know him well so maybe I'm wrong. However, I wouldn't be worried about that. Especially because Tommi is still with him most of the time and he doesn't want you to be hurt. You told me so much about him, I'm sure he'd do anything for you to not be hurt. And that also includes warning and informing you in case Niko did something you should know about", Anna tries to keep me from worrying and overthinking everything too much.

„Hopefully", I whispered and pulled myself from the touch of her hand on my shoulder to continue emptying my backpack. „I'm sure!", Anna reassured and lifted me suitcase from the hallway to my bedroom. „Wow, Sofia that thing is heavy! What have you packed in? Stones?" „No", I chuckled. „Just some books to read and for university and of course all my clothes I had brought home in our holidays", I explained and as I said the word 'clothes', I was holding Niko's hoodie in my hands.

Again, it made me smile instantly. I simply couldn't get over his cuteness. „What you got there?", Anna asked while entering the living room where I was standing, a piece of fabric in my hand and a dump smile on my face. „Niko's hoodie..", I answered in a low voice and pressed it against my chest to suppress the urge to take a smell of it again. „Niko's hoodie?", the way Anna frowned showed her confusion.

„Yes... Niko's hoodie. He secretly put in my backpack when I had left the room for me to have something from that smells like him when I can't sleep again." I looked at her and smiled. Now her lips formed an „aww". „That man is actually even more cute and caring as I expected him to be. Sofia, promise something: Don't let this man go!", she raised her right hand and showed her index finger to me in an admonishing way. „Ha ha ha, I'll try not to!", I answered. „He'd probably be my cuddle buddy for a long time if there wouldn't be those feelings I feel for him. They can destroy everything. And since I don't want to lose him, he'll never find out about them.." The more I spoke, the quieter my voice got.