Your boyfriend seemed to be very kind

The next morning, I woke up to our ringing telephone. It was already 9 am, so I didn't even try to fall asleep again – it wouldn't have been for long anyways. That's why I was already or maybe also still tired when I woke up. I had went to bed lately since I had been at home at about 0:30 am and, needless to say, I couldn't go to bed instantly – I had to change clothes, brush my teeth and my parents stopped me me as well.  Luckily, they hadn't talked to me too long but they'd probably catch up on that today. At least that's what they had said yesterday evening.

When I came home, they had already been laying in their bed but since they sleep with an opened door, they had heard me coming home. All they had said was that my behavior wasn't fine at all and we'd have a talk „as soon as possible" which was probably in a few minutes or maybe hours.

As far as I could tell by the direction my parent's voices came from, they were having breakfast downstairs when I left my room quietly to go to the bathroom and get dressed and brush my teeth. Still trying to be as quiet as possible, I tip-toed back to my room and wanted to get my mobile phone. I didn't only want to check my messages from friends, but especially from one specific adorable man with long brown hair called Niko.

„Fuck!", I whispered as my thoughts wandered to the man I had spent the last evening with. When I had took a seat in the bus, I had received a message from him that he'd be happy if I could message him when I arrived at home safely. I had promised to do that but totally forgot about it. That meant he now was probably extremely worried because I hadn't written him again. „Fuck, fuck, fuck!", I cursed while searching for my mobile phone that I couldn't find at the place I usually put it in over night.

Hopefully Niko doesn't try to find me or tried to get my address to check if I arrived, I thought and instantly that the second thought couldn't be true because I would have heard our doorbell ringing. And where is my fucking phone?! If I forgot it in the bus, I'd have a huge problem! I had tried to find it in my whole room so my last opportunity was that I had put it on a cupboard in our hallway when I had took off my jacket.

I went downstairs as silent as possible, but of course one of the wooden stairs had to creak and that way busted me. I knew I could forget my hope to be able to avoid a talk with my parents that early in the morning which made me roll my eyes annoyedly. Why? Why can't even one thing go well and the way I had planned it to work?!, I wondered before I already heard my dad's voice calling me. „Good morning, Sofia! What do you think about having breakfast with your parents? It's Saturday, so it would be a pleasure for us too have breakfast with our daughter who we don't see that often these days." I knew I had no chance to resist it because his questions wasn't exactly a question but more a demand. „Yes, I'll join you", I answered and tried to sound less annoyed as I actually was.

Downstairs, I checked the cupboard and fortunately my mobile sat on top of it in a corner near our wardrobe. Relieved, I put my hand on my chest, closed my eyes and took a deep breath. At least something that didn't went totally wrong. I didn't want anything more than texting Niko that everything is okay and he doesn't have to worry but I knew my parents had heard me in the hallway and were waiting for me to join them now and not just one second later. That's why I sighed before I put my mobile in the small bag of the jeans I was wearing and entered the kitchen. „Good morning", I greeted my parents.

As soon as I had sat down on the chair opposite to my parents, my parents gaze became serious. „Don't you want to tell us something", my mom asked and looked at me. „What do you want to know?", I asked back slightly annoyed while I grabbed an apple. „For example why you lied to us and what you truly did when you told us you'd go shopping?", my father looked at me as serious as I've never seen him. I didn't want to tell them about Niko so I decided to avoid an answer. „I don't know why I should tell you about that. I'm 21 years old, I can do whatever I want."